Are you getting a “0xc0000005 (0) N” error in Modern Warfare 2?
Here’s the second part of the error message, “The application has unexpectedly stopped working”.
Followed by, “Select Scan and Repair to restart the game and authorize Battle.net to verify your installation”.
And, “This will take a few minutes but it might resolve your current issue”.
“To contact customer service support, go to https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii”.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “0xc0000005 (0) N” in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) – Crash handler.
- Why am I getting the “0xc0000005 (0) N” error in MW2?
- How to fix “0xc0000005 (0) N” in Modern Warfare 2
Why am I getting the “0xc0000005 (0) N” error in MW2?
You’re getting the “0xc0000005 (0) N” in MW2 either because your GPU or Windows OS is outdated.
It can also be caused by a bug or a glitch that the developers need to fix.
The minimum GPU requirement for MW2 is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470.
The minimum OS requirement for MW2 is Windows 10 – 64 Bit (latest update).
If you don’t meet one or more requirements, the game will crash.
How to fix “0xc0000005 (0) N” in Modern Warfare 2
To fix “0xc0000005 (0) N” in Modern Warfare 2, you need to update your GPU and Windows OS.
After you’ve updated them, the error should be fixed when you launch the game.
How to fix “0xc0000005 (0) N” in Modern Warfare 2 (5 methods):
- Update your GPU (for Nvidia, download https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/ and update your GPU. For AMD, download the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Tool https://www.amd.com/en/support).
- Update the Windows Operating System (Settings > Windows Update > Download & Install).
- Verify the integrity of game files for MW2 on Steam.
- Restart Steam/Battle.net and run MW2 as an administrator.
- Contact MW2 support: https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii.
MW2 has multiple bugs and glitches that the developers are yet to fix.
Since the game is new, it requires a lot more updates to be bug-free.