Are you getting a “General Error 0xE00101B0” in Overwatch 2?
The error message happens when you launch the game on the Battle.net desktop app.
Overwatch 2 was released on October 4, 2022.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are server disconnection, cosmetics, items, currency not showing up, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn why Overwatch 2 says “General Error 0xE00101B0” when you launch the game and how to fix it.
Why does Overwatch 2 say “0xE00101B0”?
Overwatch 2 says “0xE00101B0” because your graphics card is outdated or not installed correctly.
It can also happen because you don’t have the latest version of Windows.
Many players are complaining about the “0xE00101B0” general error on the Blizzard forum.
“When I launch OW2 on PC it gives me a blank screen before crashing with a dialogue box saying “General Error 0xE00101B0”. The game worked fine last night but now it won’t launch at all. Restarting my PC didn’t do anything”.
“Yeah, I get the exact same error message constantly when I’m trying to open OW2. It works after 1 or 2 tries for me, but it would be nice to know how to fix it”.
How to fix General Error 0xE00101B0 in Overwatch 2
To fix General Error 0xE00101B0 in Overwatch 2, you need to update your graphics card to the latest version or reinstall it.
If that fails, you need to search for “Check for updates” using Windows Search and update Windows.
Fix 1: Update your graphics card
- For Nvidia: Go to https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/ > Download Now > open the app > sign up or log in > Drivers > Download.
- For AMD: Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support > Download > open the app > follow the on-screen instructions to update your GPU.
Fix 2: Uninstall and reinstall Nvidia drivers
- Run “Device Manager” using Windows search.
- Expand “Display adapters”.
- Right-click your graphics card and select “Uninstall device”.
- Download https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/.
- Run GeForce Experience > Drivers > Download (to reinstall Nvidia drivers).
Fix 3: Update Windows to the latest version
- Search for “Check for updates” using Windows search.
- Download & install new updates.