Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena game that’s played by millions of players worldwide.
The game has regular updates on Steam with new gameplay, features, and heroes.
A hero can fill multiple roles and there are a myriad of items to meet the needs of each game.
All heroes are free, fans can collect cosmetics, and everything you need to play is already included.
Team up with your friends and be matchmade with the right players based on your skill level each game.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the CAppSystemDict error in Dota 2 on Steam after the latest update.
What is CAppSystemDict in Dota 2?
CAppSystemDict in Dota 2 typically happens on laptops with 2 GPUs that are integrated and discrete.
If you switch the integrated GPU to the discrete GPU, Dota 2 will crash.
The error can also be caused on some versions of Windows.
Some players reported that they managed to fix the issue after updating their operating system.
How to fix CAppSystemDict in Dota 2
To fix CAppSystemDict in Dota 2, you can try disabling your (discrete) GPU or updating your operating system.
You can also try to uninstall the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app or deleting the cairo.dll file.
Method 1: Disable your GPU
- Search for “Device Manager” using Windows Search and open it.
- Expand “Display Adapters” and right-click your (discrete) GPU.
- Select “Disable device” and launch Dota 2.
Note #1: This will lead to low graphics and FPS but it might be able to launch Dota 2.
Note #2: If Dota 2 fails to launch or you want to reverse the change, you can re-enable your GPU in the Device Manager.
Method 2: Update your OS
- Search for “Check for updates” using Windows Search and open it.
- Select “Install all” to install all updates.
- Launch Dota 2 after the update is completed.
Method 3: Uninstall Geforce Experience
- Search for “Control Panel” using Windows Search and open it.
- Programs > Uninstall a program > NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Right-click “NVIDIA GeForce Experience” and select “Uninstall”.
- Launch Dota 2 after the uninstallation is completed.
Method 4: Delete the cairo.dll file
- Navigate to the Dota 2 folder path (e.g. Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > dota 2 > game > bin > win64).
- Search for the “cairo.dll” file.
- Right-click “cairo.dll”, delete it, and launch Dota 2.