Are you getting a network error in ChatGPT when you entered a lot of text or code?
ChatGPT is an AI developed by OpenAI that interacts in a conversational manner.
It’s able to answer follow-up questions, reject inappropriate requests, and question assumptions.
It’s a company that develops and promotes advanced AI technology.
The goal of OpenAI is to create safe AI that benefits humanity and to advance AI research.
It was founded by Elon Musk and Sam Altman in 2015 in San Francisco, California.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the ChatGPT network error when you’re typing a lot of text or code.
Why am I getting a network error in ChatGPT?
You’re getting a network error in ChatGPT because the AI is overloaded.
It could also mean that your internet connection is too slow or inactive.
If there are too many people using ChatGPT, it might fail to give you an answer.
You can monitor its status here: https://status.openai.com/.
A green bar means that the website is fully operational.
How to fix ChatGPT network error
To fix the ChatGPT network error, you need to first check its status.
If the service is down, you need to wait for a few hours to be back up or when there are lesser people using it.
You can also try clearing your browser’s cache.
If you’re using Microsoft Edge, try using Chrome instead (and vice-versa).
Fix 1: Check the OpenAI status and/or wait for a few hours
- Go to https://status.openai.com/ and check the status of OpenAI.
- A green bar means that the service is fully operational.
- If there are red, orange, or light green bars, it means that there’s an outage.
- Wait for a few hours before using ChatGPT again.
Fix 2: Clear your browser’s cache
- Chrome: Chrome > Three Dots > More Tools > Clear browsing data > Cookies and other site data + Cached images and files > Clear data.
- Edge: Edge > Three Dots > Settings > Privacy & services > Choose what to clear > Cached images and files + Cookies and other site data > Clear.
- Firefox: Firebox > Menu > Settings > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Clear.
Fix 3: Use a different browser
- Try accessing ChatGPT on various browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Brave.
- If you’re using ChatGPT on a desktop, try using it on a mobile device on Safari or Chrome.
How to Use Mouse and Keyboard in Overwatch 2 on Xbox