Are you getting an “EA Anticheat Service encountered an error” message in FIFA 23?
Here’s the second part of the error message, “Please restart the game”.
Followed by the file location (e.g. C:\Program Files\EA\AC\AntiCheat.GameService.exe (2)).
In this guide, you’ll learn why you’re getting the Anticheat service error in FIFA 23 and how to fix it.
- Why am I getting the Anticheat service error in FIFA 23?
- How to fix “EA Anticheat Service encountered an error” in FIFA 23
Why am I getting the Anticheat service error in FIFA 23?
You’re getting the Anticheat service error in FIFA 23 because of a bug/glitch.
It can also happen if you’ve installed other anti-cheat programs like FACEIT AC.
The issue is currently under investigation by EA games.
This is according to an EA community manager in the forums.
The bug will be fixed in the upcoming FIFA 23 update.
Many users are complaining about it on Twitter.
“Hey @EAHelp, I can’t start Fifa 23 on my PC, I got an “EA Anticheat service encountered an error” error, can you please help me?”.
“I’ve tried every fix imaginable including secure boot. I paid extra only to be able to play today, it’s been one hour of trying to fix this in creative ways but not happening”.
“I even reinstalled the game and still got the error. So I’m a Playpro member and I’m not getting what I’m paying for”.
How to fix “EA Anticheat Service encountered an error” in FIFA 23
To fix “EA Anticheat Service encountered an error” in FIFA 23, you need to launch Origin/EA as an administrator.
You can also try uninstalling other Anti-Cheat programs (e.g. FACEIT) or reinstalling EA AntiCheat.
- Launch Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator.
- Uninstall FACEIT Anti-Cheat (or other Anti-Cheat programs).
- Reinstall EA AntiCheat (Right-click FIFA 23 > __Installer > EAAntiCheat > double-click EAAntiCheat.Installer > Uninstall > Install) > launch Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator > launch FIFA 23.
- Disable real-time protection in your antivirus.
For Windows 11, right-click the Origin/EA app > Run as administrator.
For Windows 10, right-click the Origin/EA app > More > Run as administrator.
If you’re still having issues, you can contact EA support here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/.
Best Defenders in FIFA 23 (CB, LB, RB, LWB, and RWB)
How to Fix FIFA 23 Beta Crashing
How to Fix “Secure Boot is not enabled on this machine” in FIFA 23