Counter-Strike 2 has multiple new features and updates planned for years to come.
It will be a free upgrade to CS:GO players, featuring a new CS Rating system.
CS2 also features dynamic smoke grenades, improved maps, sub-tick updates for responsiveness, and more.
Smoke can now interact with other gameplay events, seep out of opened doorways, and more.
The game promises a fresh and exciting experience for fans of the franchise.
If you’re trying to install or launch the game, you might get a launcher error.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix error 126 in CS2 (Counter-Strike 2) on Steam and Windows (Dependency of application).
How to Fix Error 126 in CS2
To fix error 126 in CS2, you need to uninstall all of the Microsoft Visual C++ XXX Redistributable programs.
After you’ve uninstalled them, you need to install the x86 and x64 versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022.
Here’s how to do this (follow the steps carefully):
- Search for “Control Panel” using Windows Search.
- Programs > Uninstall a program > Microsoft Visual C++ XXX Redistributable.
- Uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ XXX Redistributable programs.
- Go to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist.
- Install the x86 and x64 versions of Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022.
After you’ve installed the x86 and x64 versions of Visual Studio 2015 to 2022, try launching CS2.
This should fix the launcher error 126 (Dependency of application).