Are you getting an expected channel name error on Roblox?
Here’s the full error message, “Expected channel name when using -channel, use “” for empty value“.
The error message occurs when you’re trying to launch Roblox on your computer.
It’s either caused by an issue with administrative permissions or a bug/glitch.
Many users also got a User Account Control pop up asking them to allow Roblox to make changes to their devices.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the expected channel name error in Roblox on Windows and Mac.
How to Fix Expected Channel Name Error in Roblox
To fix the Roblox expected channel name error, you can try running Roblox as an administrator or clicking “No” repeatedly when the User Account Control pops up.
You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox or downloading it from the Microsoft Store.
Fix 1: Run Roblox as an administrator
- Search for “Roblox Player” using Windows Search.
- Right-click “Roblox Player” and select “Open file location”.
- Right-click “Roblox Player” and select “Properties”.
- Select “Compatibility” and tick “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Select “Apply” and try launching Roblox again.
Tip: You can also right-click the Roblox app and select “Run as administrator” to run it as an administrator.
Fix 2: Click “No” when the User Account Control pops up
- Launch Roblox and wait for the User Account Control to pop up.
- When the User Account Control pops up asking you to allow Roblox to make changes to your device, click “No”.
- Keep clicking “No” until the pop up no longer appears and the error should be fixed.
Fix 3: Uninstall and reinstall Roblox
- Search for “Control panel” using Windows Search and open it.
- Programs > Uninstall a program > Right-click Roblox.
- Select “Uninstall” to uninstall Roblox.
- Reinstall Roblox here: https://www.roblox.com/download.
- Launch Roblox and check if the error is fixed.
Fix 4: Download Roblox from the Microsoft Store
- Open the Microsoft Store app (it should be on your taskbar) and search for “Roblox”.
- Select “Roblox” followed by “Get”.
- Launch the Microsoft Store version of Roblox.