Are your cosmetics and skins in Overwatch 2 missing or not showing up?
Is your inventory in-game reset or partially reset?
If so, you won’t be able to play together with them.
Overwatch 2 was released on October 4, 2022.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are server disconnection, cosmetics, items, currency not showing up, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn why are your cosmetics and skins missing in Overwatch 2 and how to fix it.
- Why are my cosmetics and skins missing in Overwatch 2?
- How to fix missing cosmetics and skins in Overwatch 2
Why are my cosmetics and skins missing in Overwatch 2?
Your cosmetics and skins are missing in Overwatch 2 because you didn’t complete the account merge process.
If you’ve already merged your accounts, you need to wait for the items from Overwatch to transfer to Overwatch 2.
According to an Overwatch announcement by Jodie, a community manager, this is taking a long time because the player database is overloaded.
According to a post by Kershew, a technical forum agent, he said that the issue is currently being investigated.
Many players are complaining about the issue on the Blizzard forum.
“I’m missing half my cosmetics randomly (I have a Christmas spray for Sombra but a random spray added beforehand is locked) and my golden weapon is gone. Is this intentional or is this a current bug?”.
“I am having the same issue. I lost my Black Cat DVA and Junker DVA. These are the two I know are missing because I use them a lot”.
How to fix missing cosmetics and skins in Overwatch 2
To fix missing cosmetics and skins in Overwatch 2, you need to link your console account to Battle.net and wait for your items to sync.
If you have incorrectly locked heroes or items, you can open a support ticket on Battle.net.
Fix 1: Link your console account to Battle.net
- Log in to Overwatch from your console account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan a QR Code on your mobile phone.
- Enter the code displayed on your console to connect to or create your Blizzard Battle.net Account.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm your account in the next game login to merge your accounts.
Source: Account Mege FAQ.
Fix 2: Wait for your items to transfer over
- Blizzard mentioned that the player database is overloaded, which will take a longer time for your Overwatch items to transfer over to Overwatch 2.
- They are currently investigating the issue and are deploying a client-side fix in the next few weeks.
- No player data has been wiped or lost.
Source: Overwatch 2 Launch Status Update.
Fix 3: Open a support ticket
- Go to https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch.
- Select the “Technical” option.
- Click on the “Contact Support” button.
- Include a description of your issue.
- Select “I still need help”.
- Select “Technical” > Your platform > Can’t connect > Contact Us.
- Log in to your Battle.net account to submit a web ticket.