Are you getting a “Please Confirm Your Identity” error when you try to log in to Roblox?
The error message can happen on both the Roblox mobile and PC apps.
It prevents you from logging in and reloading Roblox will not help.
Roblox is a virtual experience where you can play with friends and build anything from your imagination.
There is a myriad of experiences created by the community that you can join.
Whether you’re looking for an adventure, challenge, or fun, there’s something new every day.
The game features cross-platform support and you can play it on PC, mobile, Xbox, or VR headset.
In this guide, you’ll learn why did Roblox ask you to confirm your identity and how to fix the “Please Confirm Your Identity” login error.
Why did Roblox ask me to confirm my identity?
Roblox asked you to confirm your identity because of a bug/glitch.
If you’re getting the error message when you try to log in, it most likely means that Roblox is down.
There are a couple of ways to check if Roblox is down.
The first way is to go to downdetector.com/status/roblox/.
Once you’re there, check if there is a spike in the number of reports.
If there’s a sudden spike in the graph, it means that Roblox is most likely down.
Another way is to check the status of Roblox here: https://status.roblox.com/.
However, the Roblox status website is usually inaccurate as it doesn’t track minor errors like login errors.
How to fix “Please Confirm Your Identity” on Roblox
To fix “Please Confirm Your Identity” on Roblox, you need to try to log in to Roblox using another device or uninstall and reinstall the game.
You can also try clearing temporary internet files and cookies or resetting your password.
If Roblox is down, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours for the servers to be back up.
In the meantime, you can contact Roblox support here: https://www.roblox.com/support.
Fix 1: Log in to Roblox using another device
- If you’re playing Roblox on your mobile phone, try logging into Roblox on a PC instead.
- If you’re playing Roblox on your PC, try logging into Roblox on a mobile phone instead (download the Roblox on the App Store/Google Play Store).
- Open the Roblox Player and log in there instead of roblox.com (use the Windows search bar, search for “Roblox Player”, and launch it).
Fix 2: Uninstall and reinstall Roblox
- If you’re playing Roblox on your mobile device, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- Tap and hold the Roblox app, delete it, search for “Roblox” on the App Store or Google Play Store, and reinstall it.
- After you’ve reinstalled Roblox, try to log in.
Fix 3: Clear temporary internet files and cookies
- Chrome: Three dots > More tools > Clear browsing data > Cookies and other site data > Cached images and files > Clear data.
- Microsoft Edge: Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Choose what to clear > Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now > Cookies and other site data > Clear now.
Note: This will log you out of some accounts (e.g., Facebook, Gmail, YouTube).
Fix 4: Reset your password
- Go to https://www.roblox.com/login.
- Select “Follow Password or Username”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Roblox password.
- Try to log in to Roblox after you’ve reset your password.
Fix 5: Wait for the Roblox servers to be fixed
- Check if Roblox is down here: downdetector.com/status/roblox/.
- If Roblox is down, wait for 24 to 48 hours for the servers to be back up.