Are you getting a “This game requires Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363) or later” error?
The error message happens when you launch Spider-Man Remastered on compatibility mode.
It can also happen if your operating system is lower than Windows 10.
This is because Marvel’s Spider-Man Remaster uses DirectX agility SDK, which requires Windows 10 version 1909 (Build 18363) or newer to work.
However, some users are getting an error message even though they have a newer Windows version like Windows 11.
To fix the error, you can either disable compatibility mode for Steam, update Windows, or update your graphics card.
- Method 1: Disable compatibility mode for Steam
- Method 2: Update Windows
- Method 3: Update your graphics card
- Method 4: Contact Insomniac support
Method 1: Disable compatibility mode for Steam
- Navigate to the Steam application.
- Right-click Steam.
- Select “Show more options”.
- Select “Properties”.
- Go to “Compatibility”.
- Disable “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Select “Apply”.
If you can’t find the Steam application, you can search for “Steam” using Windows search.
Once you’ve found it, select “Open file location” to navigate to it.
This is an official fix from Nixxes, the developer for Spider-Man Remastered.
Method 2: Update Windows
- Search for “Windows update settings” using Windows search.
- Open “Windows update settings”.
- Select “Check for updates”.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
If your operating system is lower than Windows 10, you need to update it.
This is because Spider-Man Remastered does not support operating systems lower than Windows 10.
Method 3: Update your graphics card
- If you’re using an Nvidia graphics card, install the GeForce experience app: https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/download/.
- Log in or create a new Nvidia account (you can also use Facebook).
- Select “Drivers” > “Check for updates”.
- Select “Download” to update your graphics card.
After the update is downloaded, try restarting Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered.
This time, the game shouldn’t crash and you’ll be able to play it because your graphics card is updated.
If you’re using an AMD graphics card, you can update it by downloading the app here: https://www.amd.com/en/support.
If you need more assistance, you can post your issue on the official Spider-Man Remastered forum on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1817070/discussions/.
Method 4: Contact Insomniac support
- Go to https://support.insomniac.games/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Enter your email address.
- Select “Game support”.
- Select “Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered”.
- Choose your platform.
- Enter the subject.
- Describe your issue.
- Submit the request.