The X app, formerly known as Twitter, is where conversations happen.
X is a town square for everyone where you can post content and follow your interests.
Stay updated on the latest news, go live with Spaces, and direct message people.
Subscribe to X Premium to increase your reach, get verified, and more.
You can earn a living with paid subscriptions and monetize your content with ads.
That said, a common issue that creators face is that their replies are hidden under “Show additional replies”.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Show additional replies, including those that may contain sensitive content” on Twitter/X.
What is “Show additional replies” on X?
Show additional replies on X means that the replies are deboosted and hidden from the replies section.
A reply can be deboosted because it’s either marked as sensitive, spam, offensive, or the account is shadowbanned.
If your account is shadowbanned, all of your replies might be marked as sensitive.
As a result, users can only see your replies if they scroll down to the bottom of the replies section and select “Show” to show additional replies.
This will drastically decrease your reply impressions on X as your replies will not be visible by others.
How to fix “Show additional replies” on Twitter
To fix “Show additional replies” on Twitter, you need to enable sensitive content on Twitter Web.
This will allow you to see tweets that might contain NSFW text or media.
If your replies are marked as sensitive, you need to unmark the media you post as sensitive.
If your replies are deboosted, you need to wait for a few days to weeks to get unshadowbanned.
Method 1: Enable sensitive content on Twitter Web
- Go to the web version of Twitter (x.com) and log in to your account.
- More > Settings and Support > Settings and privacy.
- Privacy and safety > Content you see > Display media that may contain sensitive content.
- Enable “Display media that may contain sensitive content”.
Note: To apply this change, make sure to restart the Twitter/X app.
Method 2: Unmark the media you post as sensitive
- Open the Twitter/X app and log in to your account.
- Tap on your profile picture > Settings and Support > Settings and privacy.
- Select “Privacy and safety” followed by “Your posts”.
- Disable “Mark media you post as containing material that may be sensitive”.
Note: If your replies are still marked as sensitive—it means that your replies are deboosted—if that’s the case, you need to wait for a few days to weeks to get unshadowbanned.