Are you getting a “LowLevelFatalError” when you start the Stray game on Steam?
Here’s the full error message, “LowLevelFatalError [File Unknown] [Line:258]”.
Followed by, “Direct3DDevice->CreateUnorderedAccessView(Texture->GetResource(), &UAVDesc”.
The last part of the error says, “with error E_INVALIDARG”.
To fix it, you can try verifying the integrity of the Stray game files, downloading and extracting dxvk, or updating your graphics card.
- Method 1: Verify the Stray game files
- Method 2: Download and extract dxvk (only for Windows 7)
- Method 3: Update your graphics card
Method 1: Verify the Stray game files
- Open Steam.
- Go to your library.
- Right-click the Stray game.
- Select “Properties”.
- Select “Local Files”.
- Click on “Verify integrity of game files…”.
After you’ve clicked on “Verify integrity of game files…“, wait until the process is completed.
Lastly, try restarting the Stray game and see if the error message is fixed.
Method 2: Download and extract dxvk (only for Windows 7)
- Go to https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases.
- Download “dxvk-1.10.2.tar.gz”.
- Extract the “dxvk-1.10.2.tar.gz” file.
- Open the folder that is extracted.
- Open the “x64” folder.
- Copy all of the extension files in the folder.
- Open Steam and go to your library.
- Right-click the Stray game and click on “Properties”.
- Click on “Local Files” > “Browse”.
- Open “Hk_project” > “Binaries” > “Win64”.
- Paste all of the extension files that you’ve copied from step #6.
After you’ve pasted all of the extension files, try restarting the Stray game.
This time, the game should be able to start without crashing.
Do note that this only works for the Windows 7 operating system.
If you’re using a newer version of Windows, you cannot use this method.
Method 3: Update your graphics card
- If you’re using an Nvidia graphics card, you need to install the GeForce experience app: https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/download/.
- Sign in or create a new Nvidia account (you can also use Facebook).
- Click on “Drivers” > “Check for updates”.
- Click on “Download” to update your graphics card.
After the update is downloaded, try restarting the Stray game.
This time, the game shouldn’t crash and you’ll be able to play it because your graphics card is updated.
If you’re using an AMD graphics card, you can update it by installing the app here: https://www.amd.com/en/support.
If you need more assistance, you can post your issue on the official Stray forum on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1332010/discussions/.