Are you getting a “UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT.” error when you’re trying to join a server?
Here’s the full error message, “Closing connection.. Elapsed: 2.11, Real: 2.11, Good: 2.11, DriverTime: 2.11, Threshold: 2.00”.
“[UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 188.8.131.52:7781, Name: EOSIpNetConnection_2147448333”.
“Driver: PendingNetDriver EOSNetDriver_2147448334, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, Uniqueld: INVALID”.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the UNetConnection Tick Connection Timed Out error in ARK Survival Ascended.
How to Fix Exception Access Violation in ARK Survival Ascended
To fix Exception Access Violation in ARK Survival Ascended, you can try setting your date and time to automatic or connecting to a VPN.
You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling BattlEye or connecting to a mobile hotspot/different Wi-Fi.
Fix 1: Set your date and time to automatic
- Search for “Date & time settings” using Windows Search and open it.
- Turn on “Set time zone automatically”.
- Turn on “Set time automatically”.
- Launch ARK Survival Ascended and try joining a server.
Fix 2: Connect to a VPN
- Go to protonvpn.com, scroll down, and select “Get Proton Free”.
- Select “Continue with free” and create an account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and download Proton VPN.
- Connect to a VPN of the country where the server is located (e.g. US, Ashburn).
- Launch ARK Survival Ascended and try joining the server again.
Fix 3: Uninstall and reinstall BattlEye
- Open your Steam Library and right-click “ARK Survival Ascended”.
- Manage > Browse Local Files.
- ShooterGame > Binaries > Win64.
- BattlEye > Uninstall_BattlEye > Yes.
- Launch ARK Survival Ascended, install BattlEye, and try joining a server.
Fix 4: Connect to a mobile hotspot or different Wi-Fi
- Connect to a different Wi-Fi: Click on the Wi-Fi icon on your computer > Arrow icon > Select a different Wi-Fi > Connect.
- Connect to a mobile hotspot: For iOS devices > Settings app > Personal Hotspot > Turn on “Allow Others to Join” > Click on the Wi-Fi icon on your computer > Arrow icon > Select your hotspot > Connect.