Are you getting a “The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found”.
Followed by, “Reinstalling the program may fix this problem”.
The error message usually happens after a League of Legends update.
It can be caused by missing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files or corrupted system files.
Outdated drivers or a missing DirectX software can also cause the error.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found” in League of Legends (LeagueClient.exe system error).
- What is the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll error in LoL?
- How to fix “VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found” in League of Legends
What is the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll error in LoL?
The VCRUNTIME140_1.dll error in LoL (League of Legends) is a common issue when launching the game on Windows.
It indicates that the computer is missing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files that the game requires to run.
It can also be caused by corrupted system files, outdated drivers, or a missing installation of the Visual C++ Redistributable files.
Without these files, the game will fail to launch and you’ll see an error message showing the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll file name.
How to Fix “VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found” in League of Legends
To fix “VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found” in League of Legends, you need to download VCRUNTIME140_1.dll and add it into the SysWOW64 folder and the System32 folder.
You also need to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio C++ and DirectX.
Fix 1: Download VCRUNTIME140_1.dll
- Download VCRUNTIME140_1.DLL: https://www.dll-files.com/vcruntime140_1.dll.html.
- Open the ZIP file and copy the “VCRUNTIME140_1.dll” application extension.
- Open File Explorer > This PC > Local Disk (C:).
- Windows > SysWOW64 > Paste the “VCRUNTIME140_1.dll” application extension.
- Go back > System32 > Paste the “VCRUNTIME140_1.dll” application extension > Replace the file in destination > Continue.
Fix 2: Download Microsoft Visual Studio C++ and DirectX
- Microsoft Visual Studio C++: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 (download the X64 architecture).
- DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35.