Is the voice chat not working in Overwatch 2?
Are you trying to talk with your teammates but they can’t hear you?
Overwatch 2 was released on October 4, 2022.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are server disconnection, cosmetics, items, currency not showing up, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is voice chat not working in Overwatch 2 for PC, Xbox, PS4, and PS5 and how to fix it.
Why is voice chat not working in Overwatch 2?
The voice chat is not working in Overwatch 2 because your microphone is most likely muted.
Otherwise, you didn’t give the game access to your microphone.
If you’re using an Xbox, your headset microphone might be turned off.
Also, your “Party chat output” might be set incorrectly.
Instead of “Headset & Speakers”, it’s probably set to “Speakers”.
How to fix voice chat not working in Overwatch 2
To fix voice chat not working in Overwatch 2, you need to allow the game to access your microphone (for PC and Xbox).
If you’re using an Xbox, you need to set your “Party chat output” to “Headset & Speakers” instead of just “Headset” or “Speakers”.
If you’re using a PC, make sure to set your microphone as the default device.
In addition, you need to disable “Exclusive control” and “Exclusive mode” for it.
Fix voice chat for PC:
- Allow microphone access: Search for “Microphone Privacy Settings” using Windows search > Turn on “Microphone access” > Turn on “Let apps access your microphone”.
- Set as default device: Search for “Control Panel” using Windows search > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right-click your microphone and set it as the default device.
- Enable exclusivity: Search for “Control Panel” using Windows search > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Right-click your microphone > Properties > Advanced > Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device > Disable.
Note: Make sure that “Let apps access your microphone” for “Overwatch 2” is turned on.
Fix voice chat for Xbox:
- Enable the headset mic: Press the Xbox Sky button > Audio & Music > Headset mic > On.
- Adjust the voice chat settings: Launch Overwatch 2 > Start > Options > Sound > Voice Chat > Group/Team Voice Chat > Auto Join > Voice Chat Mode > Open Mic.
- Enable headset & speakers: Open Xbox settings > General > Volume & audio output > Additional options > Party chat output > Headset & speakers.