The Watermelon Game is a Japanese puzzle game similar to 2048 by Gabriele Cirulli.
It’s also similar to Tetris, but instead of fitting blocks, you need to combine fruits.
The game features multiple fruits like apples, strawberries, grapes, and more.
You need to combine the fruits to create a bigger one without overflowing.
The game went viral when multiple popular streamers started playing it.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to play or get the Watermelon game on PC, Nintendo Switch, Android, or iPhone.
How to get the Watermelon Game
To get the official Watermelon Game, you need to download it from the US or Japanese Nintendo Store.
From the store, search for “Suika Game”, buy it, and download it.
- Nintendo Switch: Open the Nintendo Store, search for “Suika Game”, buy it, and download it (or go to nintendo.com/us/store/products/suika-game-switch).
- PC: Play the unofficial game on suikagame.com or suika-game.app.
- Android: Search for “Watermelon Game” on the Google Play Store to download an unofficial version of the game.
- iPhone: Search for “Watermelon Game” on the App Store to download an unofficial version of the game.
If you have a Nintendo account outside of the US, you can either buy the game on a browser or from the eShop.
The recommended way is to buy the game on your browser from the official Nintendo Store website.
How to play the Watermelon Game
To play the Watermelon Game, you need to combine two of the same fruit to create a bigger fruit.
The goal of the game is to create a watermelon (the biggest fruit) and continue combining fruits until you get a high score.
Here are some pointers:
- Combine two of the same fruit to create a bigger fruit.
- Keep combining fruits until you create a watermelon.
- After creating a watermelon, you can continue combining fruits until you get a high score.
- Do not let any fruit overflow out of the box or you’ll lose.
The order of the fruits are cherry, strawberry, grapes, dekopon, persimmon, apple, pear, peach, pineapple, melon, and watermelon respectively.
For example, if you combine two cherries together, you’ll get a strawberry.
And if you combine two strawberries together, you’ll get grapes.
Watermelon game price
The Watermelon game costs $2.99 USD on the US Nintendo Switch Store.
On the Japan Nintendo Switch Store, the game costs 240 Japanese Yen.