Are you getting an “An unknown error occurred” error when you try to log in to Roblox?
The error message can happen on both the Roblox mobile and PC apps.
It stops you from logging in and reloading Roblox will not help.
Roblox is a virtual experience where you can play with friends and build anything from your imagination.
There is a myriad of experiences created by the community that you can join.
Whether you’re looking for an adventure, challenge, or fun, there’s something new every day.
The game features cross-platform support and you can play it on PC, mobile, Xbox, or VR headset.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the “An unknown error occurred” login error on Roblox followed by “Please try again”.
Why does Roblox say an unknown error occurred?
Roblox says an unknown error occurred because of a bug/glitch.
If you’re getting the error message when you try to log in, it most likely means that Roblox is down.
There are two methods to check if Roblox is down.
The first method is to go to downdetector.com/status/roblox/.
Once you’re there, see if there is a spike in the number of reports.
If there’s a sudden spike in the graph, it means that Roblox is probably down.
Another way to check the status of Roblox is https://status.roblox.com/.
However, the Roblox status website is usually not accurate as it only tracks major errors.
How to fix “An unknown error occurred” on Roblox
To fix “An unknown error occurred” on Roblox, you need to try to log in to Roblox using another device or uninstall and reinstall the game.
You can also try clearing temporary internet files and cookies or resetting your password.
If Roblox is down, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours for the servers to be back up.
In the meantime, you can contact Roblox support here: https://www.roblox.com/support.
Fix 1: Log in to Roblox using another device
- If you’re playing Roblox on your mobile phone, try to log in to Roblox on a PC instead.
- If you’re playing Roblox on your PC, try to log in to Roblox on a mobile phone instead (download the Roblox on the App Store/Google Play Store).
- Open the Roblox Player and log in there instead of roblox.com (use the Windows search bar, search for “Roblox Player”, and launch it).
Fix 2: Uninstall and reinstall Roblox
- If you’re playing Roblox on your mobile device, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- Tap and hold the Roblox app, delete it, search for “Roblox” on the Google Play Store or App Store, and reinstall it.
- After you’ve reinstalled Roblox, try logging in.
Fix 3: Clear temporary internet files and cookies
- Chrome: Three dots > More tools > Clear browsing data > Cookies and other site data > Cached images and files > Clear data.
- Microsoft Edge: Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Choose what to clear > Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now > Cookies and other site data > Clear now.
Note: This will log you out of some accounts (e.g., Facebook, Gmail, YouTube).
Fix 4: Reset your password
- Go to https://www.roblox.com/login.
- Select “Follow Password or Username”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Roblox password.
- Try to log in to Roblox after you’ve reset your password.
Fix 5: Wait for the Roblox servers to be fixed
- Check if Roblox is down here: downdetector.com/status/roblox/.
- If Roblox is down, wait for 24 to 48 hours for the servers to be back up.