In NBA 2K, Badges are a gameplay mechanic and attribute.
They give players special abilities, advantages, and personalities.
You can utilize badges for NBA players, WNBA players, MyPLAYERS, and MyTEAM players.
There are multiple types of badges in 2K23 including shooting, playmaking, defense/rebounding, and finishing.
There are four badge levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Hall of Fame.
In this guide, you’ll learn the best playmaking badges in NBA 2K23 to improve your gameplay, including Tier 1, 2, and 3.
Best playmaking badges in NBA 2K23
The best playmaking badges in NBA 2K23 are Handles For Days, Killer Combos, Quick First Step, Unpluckable, Ankle Breaker, and Special Delivery respectively.
- Handles For Days (Tier 3)
- Killer Combos (Tier 3)
- Quick First Step (Tier 2)
- Unpluckable (Tier 2)
- Ankle Breaker (Tier 1)
- Special Delivery (Tier 1)
1. Handles For Days (Tier 3)
- A player takes less of an energy hit when performing consecutive dribble moves, allowing them to chain together combos quicker and for longer periods of time.
- One of the most important playmaking badges as it makes you lose stamina slower.
2. Killer Combos (Tier 3)
- Improves a player’s ability to chain together efficient dribble moves when sizing up their opponent.
- Killer Combos is the same as Quick Chain in NBA 2K22.
3. Quick First Step (Tier 2)
- When driving out of triple threat or after a size-up, ball handlers have access to quicker, and more effective, launches.
- It makes you go faster after a size-up.
4. Unpluckable (Tier 2)
- Defenders have a tougher time poking the ball free with their steal attempts.
- This is important because there will be a lot of players with high steal.
5. Ankle Breaker (Tier 1)
- When performing stepbacks and other certain moves, the defender stumbles or fails more frequently when biting the wrong way.
- One of the most popular badges in 2K history that deserves to be much higher than a tier 1 badge.
6. Special Delivery (Tier 1)
- Increases alley-oop throw success and shot chance for receivers after a flashy pass. Additionally, it enables the ability to throw alley-oops off the backboard.
- Special Delivery should be prioritized because it literally has two badges in one.