Experience the new feature of battling other Pokémon GO trainers online in the GO Battle League.
Join a global community of Trainers who discover Pokémon while exploring the world.
Pokémon GO has over 1 billion downloads and has been awarded “Best App of the Year”.
Explore and capture Pokémon wherever you are, complete your Pokédex, and more.
Adventure Sync lets you earn walking distance even when the app is closed, with the player’s permission.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the “Cannot join raid group (36)” error in Pokemon Go on iOS and Android.
How to Fix Cannot Join Raid Group 36 in Pokemon Go
To fix the “Cannot join raid group (36)” error in Pokemon Go, you need to clear the game’s cache files.
You can also try leaving the raid and rejoining it or going through the menus slower.
Fix 1: Clear cache files
- For Android: Settings > Apps > Manage apps > Pokemon Go > Storage > Clear data > Clear cache.
- For iOS: Uninstall and reinstall Pokemon Go.
Fix 2: Leave the raid and rejoin
- If you leave the raid and rejoin it, you shouldn’t encounter the error message.
- Error 36 has been faced by many players and rejoining the raid usually fixes it.
Fix 3: Go through the menus slower
- If you go through the menus too quickly, error 36 will occur.
- To fix this, you need to slow down your taps with about a second minimum in between the join process.
- Just to be safe, you can wait 2 seconds in between taps.