Is ChatGPT at capacity right now and you can’t use it?
ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence developed by OpenAI that converses in a human-like way.
It can reject inappropriate requests, answer follow-up questions, and make assumptions.
OpenAI is a company that promotes and develops advanced AI technology.
The mission of OpenAI is to develop safe AI that helps humanity and to improve AI research.
It was founded by Elon Musk and Sam Altman in 2015 in San Francisco, California.
In this guide, you’ll learn why Chat GPT is at capacity right now and how to fix it.
What does “ChatGPT is at capacity right now” mean?
ChatGPT is at capacity right now means that the ChatGPT server is overloaded.
If the server is overloaded, you won’t be able to use the AI until it’s less crowded
As a result, it is unable to accept new connections or requests at the current time.
ChatGPT has a limit to the number of users who can use it at one time.
This is to prevent the server from overloading, which can cause performance issues.
Performance issues include the inability to provide accurate or fast answers.
How to fix ChatGPT is at capacity right now
To fix ChatGPT is at capacity right now, you can use a VPN like France, Germany, or other countries.
Alternatively, you can wait until the ChatGPT server is less crowded before using it.
You can get notified when it’s back by selecting “Get notified when we’re back”.
You’ll get notified via email when you can access the website again.
Fix 1: Connect to a VPN
- If you’re using a mobile device, you can install a free VPN app like VPN – Proxy Unlimited Shield and connect to another country’s VPN.
- If you’re using a computer, you can install a free VPN app like Proton VPN and connect to another country’s VPN.
Note: After you’ve connected to a VPN, close and reopen ChatGPT and you should be able to access it.
Fix 2: Clear your browser’s cache
- Chrome: Chrome > Three Dots > More Tools > Clear browsing data > Cookies and other site data + Cached images and files > Clear data.
- Edge: Edge > Three Dots > Settings > Privacy & services > Choose what to clear > Cached images and files + Cookies and other site data > Clear.
- Firefox: Firebox > Menu > Settings > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Clear.
Fix 3: Get notified when ChatGPT is back
- On the “ChatGPT is at a capacity right now” page, select “Get notified when we’re back”.
- Enter your email address and select “Submit”.
- In the meantime, refresh or check back at chat.openai.com in intervals of a few minutes to see if it’s accessible.
Note: You’ll get notified via email when ChatGPT is back.