Are you facing issues on the Discord app like billing, logging in, or phone verification?
Before you contact Discord support, check if you can solve the issue by visiting the Discord help center.
The help center contains articles from account settings to permissions.
Find the category that you need help with and read the article that relates to your issue.
For example, if you need help with your account settings, select the “Account Settings” category.
In this article, you’ll learn 4 ways to contact Discord for help and to share your feedback.
How to contact Discord
To contact Discord, you can either submit a request, share your feedback, or email them via email@example.com.
But first, you can try resolving the issue yourself by reading the articles in the Discord help center.
The help center contains various articles for common issues that you might face on Discord.
For example, if you have a question regarding your account settings, select the “Account Settings” category.
1. Submit a request
- Visit this link to submit a request: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Select the category of your issue (e.g. Help & Support).
- Enter your email address.
- Select the type of question.
- Enter the description of your issue.
- Add attachments (e.g. a screenshot of your issue).
- Click on “Submit” to submit the request.
Note: Discord will typically reply in 24 to 48 hours via the email address that you’ve provided.
2. Contact Discord on Twitter/X
- Go to Twitter/X and create a new account.
- Log in to your Twitter/X account.
- Post a tweet about your issue and tag @discord and @discord_support.
- OR send a direct message to @discord or @discord_support about your issue.
3. Email Discord
- Log in to the email that is associated with your Discord account.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your Discord username and a description of your issue.
Note: After you’ve sent your email, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours for Discord’s response.
4. Share your feedback
- Visit the Discord Feedback site: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/community/topics.
- Click on “New post” at the bottom of the page.
- Log in to your Discord account.
- Enter the title of your feedback.
- Provide your feedback in the “Details” field.
- Select the topic of your feedback (e.g. Text Chat).
- Click on “Submit” to submit your feedback to the Discord community.
Note: Only submit this if you have suggestions that you want to make for Discord features.
In addition to the 3 methods mentioned in this article, you can also contact Discord on Twitter.
Discord is very active on Twitter with prompt replies.
If you have a question, you can post a tweet of it and tag @discord.
You can also send Discord a direct message by clicking on the “Mail” icon on their Twitter profile.
Discord receives a ton of support requests on a daily basis, so you need to be prepared to wait a while for their response.
In most cases, it’ll take 24 to 48 hours.