Copilot in Windows 11 is an AI-powered intelligent assistant to enhance user productivity and creativity.
It offers quick access to answers and inspiration from the web, facilitating creativity and collaboration.
Streamline tasks like adjusting PC settings and window organization with Snap Assist.
Get relevant answers, give follow-up questions, and even generate images.
Copilot is accessible whenever needed and works seamlessly online and in Windows apps.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Copilot not showing or not working on Windows 11, Powerpoint, Word, or VSCode, or Excel.
Why is Copilot not showing on Windows 11?
Here’s why Copilot is not showing up on Windows 11:
- You haven’t updated Windows 11 to the latest version.
- You need to be signed into a Microsoft account.
- Copilot is currently not available in Russia or China.
- Copilot is currently available at launch Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom, and United States.
- You need to have a Windows PC with microphone capability.
How to fix Copilot not showing on Windows 11
Step 1: Download the latest version of Windows.
Step 2: Restart your computer and press WIN + C to open Copilot.
To fix Copilot not showing on Windows 11, you need to download and install the latest version of Windows.
After you’ve installed the latest version of Windows, restart your computer, and press WIN + C to open Copilot.
Here’s how to fix Copilot not showing on Windows 11:
- Search for “Check for updates” using Windows Search and select it.
- Turn on “Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available”.
- Select “Download & Install” to download the latest version of Windows.
- Restart your computer after the installation is complete.
- Click on the Copilot icon on the taskbar or press WIN + C to open Copilot.
Editor’s note: I tested the above guide myself (in Singapore) and I managed to get Copilot to show up after updating Windows.
Tip: You need to turn on “Get the latest updates as soon as they’re available” to get the latest Windows update.