Are you getting a “Couldn’t load requests” error on Instagram?
Here’s the second part of the error, “There was a network issue. You can try again now or check back later”.
When you select “Try again”, your message requests will be refreshed.
Instagram allows you to send and receive direct messages.
When someone sends you a direct message, it’ll land in your message requests.
But if your message requests are not loading, you won’t be able to see the message.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Couldn’t load requests” on Instagram and why you’re getting the network issue.
Why can’t Instagram load requests?
Instagram can’t load requests because the servers are most likely down.
Otherwise, there’s an issue with your internet connection or your internet speed is too slow.
To begin with, you need to check if Instagram is down.
To do so, go to downdetector.com/status/instagram and check if there’s a spike in the graph.
If there is, Instagram is most likely down for everyone.
You can also visit Twitter, search for “Instagram down”, and check the top/latest tweets to see if anyone is having the same issue.
How to fix “Couldn’t load requests” on Instagram
To fix “Couldn’t load requests” on Instagram, you can try downloading an older version of Instagram from a third-party website like Uptodown.
Alternatively, you can use Instagram on your desktop by going to instagram.com.
If you’re having a network issue, try switching from mobile data to Wi-Fi (and vice-versa).
If Instagram is down, you need to wait for up to 24 hours for your message requests to load.
Fix 1: Download an older version of Instagram
- Uninstall the Instagram app.
- Go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android/versions.
- Select an older version of Instagram and download it.
- Open the Instagram APK and log in to your account.
- Try opening your message requests.
Note: This method only works for Android devices.
Fix 2: Use Instagram on your desktop
- Instagram website: Go to instagram.com, log in to your account, select “Messages” on the left sidebar, and select “Requests”.
- Instagram desktop app: Download the Instagram desktop app from the Microsoft Store, open it, log in to your account, select “Messages” on the left sidebar, and select “Requests”.
Fix 3: Switch your network
- If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, switch to mobile data.
- If you’re connected to mobile data, switch to Wi-Fi.
- You can also try connecting to another Wi-Fi network.
Fix 4: Other troubleshooting methods
- Select “Try again” to refresh your message requests.
- Force close Instagram (swipe up from the bottom of your screen and swipe up on Instagram) and reopen it.
- For Android devices, clear Instagram’s cache by opening Settings > Apps > See All Apps > Instagram > Storage & cache > Clear cache > Force stop).
- Check if Instagram is down on downdetector.com/status/instagram (if it’s down, wait for up to 24 hours).
How to Fix Instagram DMs Stuck on Loading Screen
How to Fix Instagram Direct Messages (DMs) Not Working