SiteGround is one of the most popular website hosting services on the internet.
If you’re looking to make a website with WordPress using SiteGround hosting, you don’t have to code.
Instead, you can use a CMS (content management system) like WordPress (.org).
WordPress is used by over 40% of all websites on the internet, and it’s the gold standard for website creation.
This quick and easy guide teaches you how to set up and create a WordPress website with SiteGround hosting.
Just so that you know you’re in good hands—I’m the founder of this website (that’s also built on WordPress and hosted on SiteGround).
I have multiple years of experience in SEO, blogging, and website creation.
Here’s how to create a WordPress website with SiteGround in 7 easy steps:
- Get SiteGround web hosting
- Choose a domain name
- Install WordPress on SiteGround
- Choose a theme
- Install plugins
- Start adding pages or posting content
- Monetize your site
1. Get SiteGround web hosting
- To create a WordPress website and get it up and running, you need to get SiteGround hosting.
- SiteGround hosting is highly recommended because it’s fast, secure, and reliable.
- Click here to save up to 80% on SiteGround hosting.
- Choose between 3 plans—StartUp, GrowBig (recommended), or GoGeek.
2. Choose a domain name
- Try choosing a domain name that’s branded, broad, and ends with .com.
- Other extensions like .org, .net, or .io, are fine too, but they are not the most common.
- For example, if you’re creating a gaming blog, you can name it “nonstopgaming.com”.
- Review the order and pay using a debit/credit card.
3. Install WordPress on SiteGround
- Select “Set Up Website” to start the installation process.
- Select “Start New Website” and select “WordPress”.
- Choose if you want to add extra services.
- Select “Finish” and wait for WordPress to install on SiteGround.
- Edit your website by navigating to the SiteGround dashboard > Websites > WordPress admin (or go to yoursite.com/wp-admin).
Tip: If you need help with the installation process, you can contact SiteGround’s 24/7 support for help.
4. Choose a theme
- Once WordPress is finished installing, you need to choose a theme (the design of your site).
- You can find great WordPress themes on EnvatoMarket.
- For most sites, I recommend buying a premium theme like GeneratePress, Divi, and Astra.
- Click here to get GeneratePress (one of the fastest themes) for the best price.
- After you’ve bought a theme, install it, and navigate to your WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Upload Theme.
- To customize your theme, go to your WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
Tip #1: If you need help with customizing your theme, you can contact your theme’s support.
Tip #2: You can create a logo for free using Namecheap’s logo maker (it’s the best logo maker that I’ve used).
5. Install plugins
Recommended plugins to install:
- SiteGround Optimizer – Speed up your website with various optimizations.
- Google Site Kit – Easily connect your site to Google Analytics to see real-time visitors and stats.
- Yoast SEO – An all-in-one SEO plugin for WordPress that you can use to add an XML sitemap (a site directory).
- Jetpack – A security, speed, and stats plugin.
Tip: To install plugins, go to your WordPress dashboard (yoursite.com/wp-admin) > Plugins > Add new.
6. Start adding pages or posting content
- To add new posts, navigate to your WordPress dashboard (yoursite.com/wp-admin) > Posts > Add New.
- To add new pages, navigate to your WordPress dashboard (yoursite.com/wp-admin) > Pages > Add New.
- If you want to design your site, you need to customize your theme by navigating to Appearance > Customize.
- To add a header or a footer to your site, you need to first add a menu by navigating to Appearance > Menu > Create a new menu. After that, you can add the menu to the header/footer of your site by customizing your theme.
Tip #1: Your WordPress dashboard (yoursite.com/wp-admin) is where you’ll spend the most of your time on.
Tip #2: Start familiarizing yourself with your WordPress dashboard and its features.
7. Monetize your site
- If you’re creating a site to earn money, you can start monetizing it as soon as it gets some traffic.
- The easiest way to monetize your site is to serve ads on it (you can earn $5 to $20 per 1,000 visitors).
- I recommend applying for Google AdSense or Ezoic.
- Click here to start using Ezoic to serve ads on your website.
Tip #1: Ezoic earns about 5x more than Google AdSense because of its technology and they will set up ads for you.
Tip #2: After you’ve reached 50k or 100k monthly visitors, you can apply for Mediavine or Adthrive (both are premium ad networks).