Did EA AntiCheat fail to install in FIFA 23 or another game?
EA AntiCheat ensures fair play and prevents cheating.
In addition, it focuses on privacy and security.
However, it’s known to have installation and update issues.
This prevents you from playing games like FIFA 23.
In this guide, you’ll learn why did EA AntiCheat fail to install for games like FIFA 23 and how to fix it.
Why did EA AntiCheat fail to install?
EA AntiCheat failed to install either because you didn’t start the game from Origin/EA, you’ve changed certain game files, or Secure Boot is not enabled on your PC.
It can also happen because it has a conflict with another anti-cheat program (e.g. FACEIT AC).
Many users are complaining about the installation error online.
“When I start FIFA, I always get an error in the anti-cheat software that says that the EA Anticheat Software encountered an error”.
“EA having anti-cheat issues with FIFA making it so that some people can’t even launch the game”.
How to fix EA AntiCheat install failed error
To fix the EA AntiCheat install failed error, you can either try uninstalling and reinstalling EA AntiCheat or installing it manually on the EA website.
You can also try uninstalling other anti-cheat programs like FACEIT AC and running Origin/EA/FIFA 23 as an administrator.
Fix 1: Uninstall and reinstall EA AntiCheat
- Close Origin/EA/Steam/FIFA 23.
- Right-click the FIFA 23 app > Properties > __Installer > EAAntiCheat > right-click EAAntiCheat.Installer > Run as administrator > select FIFA 23 > Uninstall > Install.
Fix 2: Install EA AntiCheat manually
- Go to https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/ea-anticheat/.
- Select “Download the EA anticheat installer” and open it.
- Select FIFA 23 > Uninstall > Install.
Fix 3: Uninstall other anti-cheat programs
- Uninstall the FACEIT Anti-Cheat program.
- Uninstall the Riot Vanguard program.
Fix 4: Run Origin/EA/FIFA 23 as an administrator
- Right-click Origin/EA/Steam > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator > Apply > OK.
- Right-click FIFA 23 > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator > Apply > OK.