Is FIFA 23 stuck on the loading screen or the start-up screen?
After a while, the screen will turn black, and restarting the game will repeat the same problem.
The error message happens after you launch FIFA 23 on EA, Origin, or Steam.
The start-up screen takes forever to load and you won’t be able to play the game.
In this guide, you’ll learn why FIFA 23 is stuck on the loading screen or start-up screen and how to fix it.
Why is FIFA 23 stuck on the loading screen?
FIFA 23 is stuck on the loading screen because there’s a bug in the game.
Otherwise, your PC specifications do not meet the minimum requirements for the game.
According to a community manager in the EA forums, EA is currently investigating the issue and they are working on a fix.
Thousands of users are complaining about it on forums and social media.
“Yeah, I have the same problem. I’m stuck at the first screen of the game that shows FIFA 23”.
“Same here tried several times but it always freezes on that screen”.
“Same issue. No response from the EA team, the game freezes on the loading screen then turn to black, and nothing else”.
How to Fix FIFA 23 Stuck on Loading Screen
To fix FIFA 23 stuck on the loading screen, you need to run Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator or repair/verify the game files.
You can also try updating your GPU or allowing the game in your antivirus and in your Firewall.
Here are 6 methods to fix the error:
- Run Origin/EA/Steam or FIFA 23 as an administrator.
- Repair/verify the game files (For Origin > Library > right-click FIFA 23 > Repair/For Steam > Library > Right-click FIFA 23 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files).
- Update your graphics card (Nvidia tool | AMD tool).
- Allow FIFA 23 in “Manage ransomware protection” in Windows Security.
- Allow FIFA 23 in “Windows Defender Firewall”.
- Uninstall and reinstall FIFA 23 (if you’re using the EA app to play FIFA 23, uninstall it and reinstall it using the Origin app instead).
Make sure to close the EA/Origin/Steam app from the task manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL) before you attempt a fix.
It’s also recommended that you set these apps to automatically run as an administrator in their compatibility settings.
If all else fails, you need to wait until the EA team fixes the bug.
This can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
If all else fails, you can contact EA support here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/.
Or send a direct message to EA Help here: https://twitter.com/EAHelp.