Are you getting an “EA AntiCheat has detected an unacceptable configuration” error in FIFA 23?
Here’s the second part of the error message, “Please ensure no cheat-related or tampering software is active and restart the game. (117)”.
The error message happens when you try to launch the game on Origin, EA, or Steam.
In this guide, you’ll learn why you’re getting the “EA AntiCheat has detected an unacceptable configuration” security violation in FIFA 23 and how to fix it.
- Why did EA Anticheat detect an unacceptable configuration?
- How to fix “EA AntiCheat has detected an unacceptable configuration” in FIFA 23
Why did EA Anticheat detect an unacceptable configuration?
EA Anticheat detected an unacceptable configuration because the program is corrupted or another anti-cheat plugin is having a conflict with it.
Otherwise, there is a bug/glitch in the game that you’re trying to play (e.g. FIFA 23).
If EA AntiCheat is corrupted, you need to reinstall it.
Many users are complaining about it on Twitter.
Here’s a tweet by RealCrawlLess, “I played Fifa, and now it’s not working, I installed nothing and it says that I’m cheating. I don’t know what to do @EAHelp”.
And another tweet, “This is what appears when I try to open Fifa. Does anyone have the same problem or know how to fix it?”.
How to fix “EA AntiCheat has detected an unacceptable configuration” in FIFA 23
To fix “EA AntiCheat has detected an unacceptable configuration” in FIFA 23, you can try running Origin, EA, or Steam as an administrator or reinstalling EA AntiCheat.
You can also try deleting other antivirus programs (e.g. FACEIT AC) or allowing FIFA 23 in your antivirus.
Here are all of the known solutions:
- Run Origin/EA/Steam or FIFA 23 as an administrator.
- Uninstall FACEIT Anti-Cheat (or other Anti-Cheat programs).
- Uninstall EA AntiCheat (from your game files) > launch Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator > launch FIFA 23 > AntiCheat will be automatically reinstalled.
- Disable real-time protection in your antivirus.
- Allow FIFA 23 in “Manage ransomware protection” in Windows Security.
- Allow FIFA 23 in “Windows Defender Firewall”.
To run Origin/EA/Steam as admin on Windows 11, right-click Origin/EA/Steam > Run as administrator.
For Windows 10, right-click Origin/EA/Steam > More > Run as administrator.
If all else fails, you need to wait until the EA team fixes the bug.
This can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
If all else fails, you can contact EA support here: https://help.ea.com/en/fifa/fifa-23/.
Or send a direct message to EA Help here: https://twitter.com/EAHelp.