Are you getting a personal settings problem in FIFA 23?
Here’s the full error message, “Unable to save Personal Settings 1”.
You’ll have 3 options—Retry, Cancel, or Continue without saving.
The error message happens when you try to save your personal settings in the game.
In this guide, you’ll learn why you’re getting the “Unable to save Personal Settings 1” error in FIFA 23 and how to fix it.
- Why does FIFA say unable to save personal settings 1?
- How to fix “Unable to save Personal Settings 1” in FIFA 23
Why does FIFA say unable to save personal settings 1?
FIFA says unable to save personal settings 1 because the FIFA servers are down.
It could also be due to a poor internet connection or a bug in the game.
The error message has been occurring since FIFA 18.
Apparently, EA games have yet to find a fix for it.
Here are the past complaints, “@EAHelp I had the “personal settings 1” error when trying to save my career mode in FIFA 22. Typically, the advice is to press X (on Xbox) and save in a new save file. However, when I do this I get a message saying “Unable to save Career – Manager Progress 1”.
And another one, “@EAHelp keeps getting error ‘unable to save personal settings 1’ after every match on FIFA 22 career mode. So I can’t save game and it resets back a game each time. Why is this happening?”.
How to fix “Unable to save Personal Settings 1” in FIFA 23
To fix “Unable to save Personal Settings 1” in FIFA 23, you need to allow the game in your antivirus software.
If you’re still facing the issue, you need to delete the FIFA 23 folder in your documents (but be prepared to lose all of your progress).
Here are the 4 methods (follow each method closely):
- Method 1: Open the Windows settings > Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage ransomware protection > Allow an app through Controlled folder access > Add an allowed app > Browse all apps > select FIFA23.exe/FIFA23_Trial/EAAntiCheatGameServiceLauncher > Open.
- Method 2: Open the Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall > Change settings > Allow another app… > Browse… > select FIFA23.exe/FIFA23_Trial/EAAntiCheatGameServiceLauncher > Add.
- Method 3: Go to the Documents folder > right-click FIFA 23 > Delete (warning: all of your data/progress will be deleted).
- Method 4: Right-click and repair FIFA 23 for Origin/right-click and verify the integrity of game files for FIFA 23 for Steam.
After each fix, restart the game to see if the error is gone.
Many users on Twitter claimed that these methods fixed the personal settings error in FIFA 23.
If all else fails, you need to wait until the EA team fixes the bug.
This can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
You can also contact EA support here: https://help.ea.com/en/fifa/fifa-23/.