Are you getting a “0x00001338 (10509) N” error code in Modern Warfare 2?
Here’s the second part of the error message, “The application has unexpectedly stopped working”.
Followed by, “Select Scan and Repair might solve the issue”.
“To contact customer service support, go to https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii”.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix error code 0x00001338 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2).
- Why am I getting the 0x00001338 error code in MW2?
- How to fix error code 0x00001338 in Modern Warfare 2
Why am I getting the 0x00001338 error code in MW2?
You’re getting the 0x00001338 error code in MW2 either because your GPU or Windows OS is outdated.
It can also be caused by a bug or a glitch that the developers need to fix.
The minimum GPU requirement for MW2 is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470.
The minimum OS requirement for MW2 is Windows 10 – 64 Bit (latest update).
If you don’t meet one or more requirements, the game will crash.
How to fix error code 0x00001338 in Modern Warfare 2
To fix error code 0x00001338 in Modern Warfare 2, you need to update your GPU and Windows OS.
After you’ve updated them, the error should be fixed when you launch the game.
How to fix error code 0x00001338 in Modern Warfare 2 (5 methods):
- Update your GPU (for Nvidia, download https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/ and update your GPU. For AMD, download the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Tool https://www.amd.com/en/support).
- Update the Windows Operating System (Settings > Windows Update > Download & Install).
- Open Steam and verify the integrity of game files for MW2.
- Restart Battle.net/Steam and run MW2 as an administrator.
- Contact MW2 support: https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii.
MW2 has multiple bugs and glitches that the developers have not fixed.
Since the game is new, it needs a lot more updates to be bug-free.