Are you getting an account-banned error code TFLA0004 in The Finals?
Here’s the error message, “Due to recent behavior that is against our Code of Conduct”.
Followed by, “Your account has been banned. Visit Player Support for more info”.
The error message can happen on PC (Steam), PS5, and Xbox Series X or S.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the account-banned error code TFLA0004 in The Finals.
- What is error code TFLA0004 in The Finals?
- How to fix Error Code TFLA0004 Account Banned in The Finals
What is error code TFLA0004 in The Finals?
Error code TFLA0004 in The Finals means that your account is banned.
This happens because you’ve used exploits or cheats in the game.
It can also happen due to an ongoing bug/glitch due to server issues or overload.
To check the game’s status, join The Finals Discord server and navigate to the “game-announcements” channel.
How to fix Error Code TFLA0004 Account Banned in The Finals
To fix Error Code TFLA0004 Account Banned in The Finals, you need to contact Embark Studios support:
- Go to reachthefinals.com/support.
- Click on the red chat bubble on the right.
- Appeal Ban or Restriction > In-Game Ban > No, I need to talk to someone.
- Enter your name and enter your email address.
- Select “Error message appeared saying the account is banned”.
- Upload a screenshot of the error message (optional).
- Confirm the account details of the restricted account.
- Submit the form and wait for The Finals’ response.