Are you getting a “We are experiencing technical difficulties” error when you try to log in to Roblox?
The error message can happen on both the PC version and the mobile app of Roblox.
It prevents you from joining a game/experience and reloading Roblox might not help.
Roblox is a virtual experience where you can play with friends and create anything from your imagination.
There are multiple experiences made by the community that you can join.
Whether you’re looking for an adventure, challenge, or fun, there’s something that you can play every day.
The game has cross-platform support and you can play it on PC, mobile, Xbox, or VR headset.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later” on Roblox.
- Why does Roblox say we are experiencing technical difficulties?
- How to Fix “We are experiencing technical difficulties” on Roblox
Why does Roblox say we are experiencing technical difficulties?
Roblox says that they are experiencing technical difficulties because of a bug/glitch.
If you’re getting the error message when you’re trying to join a game/experience, it means that Roblox is probably down.
There are two ways to check if Roblox is down.
Firstly, you can visit downdetector.com/status/roblox/ and check the number of reports.
If there is a sudden increase in the number of reports, Roblox may be down for everyone.
Secondly, you can check the status of Roblox here: https://status.roblox.com/.
If the statuses are all “Fully operational”, it means that the game is not experiencing downtime.
However, the Roblox status website is usually not accurate as it only tracks major errors, so Down Detector might be more accurate.
How to Fix “We are experiencing technical difficulties” on Roblox
To fix “We are experiencing technical difficulties” on Roblox, try logging in to Roblox using another device or uninstall and reinstall the game.
Alternatively, you can try to clear temporary internet files/cookies or reset your password.
If Roblox is down, you need to wait for a few hours for the servers to be back up.
If all else fails, you can contact Roblox support here: https://www.roblox.com/support and tell them the issue that you’re experiencing.
Fix 1: Log in to Roblox using another device
- Try to log in to Roblox on a PC if you’re playing it on your mobile phone.
- Try to log in to Roblox on a mobile phone (download the Roblox on the App Store/Google Play Store) if you’re playing it on your PC.
- Instead of playing Roblox on roblox.com, open and use the Roblox Player (Windows search bar > Roblox Player > Open).
Fix 2: Uninstall and reinstall Roblox
- Uninstall and reinstall the Roblox app if you’re playing it on your mobile phone.
- Tap and hold the Roblox app > delete it > search for “Roblox” on the Google Play Store or App Store > reinstall it.
- After you’ve reinstalled Roblox, try logging in.
Fix 3: Clear temporary internet files and cookies
- Chrome: Three dots > More tools > Clear browsing data > Cookies and other site data > Cached images and files > Clear data > Launch a Roblox experience.
- Microsoft Edge: Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Choose what to clear > Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now > Cookies and other site data > Clear now > Launch a Roblox experience.
Note: This will log you out of some accounts (e.g., Facebook, Gmail, YouTube).
Fix 4: Reset your password
- Visit https://www.roblox.com/login.
- Click on “Follow Password or Username”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Roblox password.
- Try logging in to Roblox after you’ve reset your password and launching an experience.
Fix 5: Wait for the Roblox servers to be fixed
- Check if Roblox is down here: downdetector.com/status/roblox/ or https://status.roblox.com/.
- If Roblox is down, wait for a few hours for the servers to be back up.
How to Fix Error 529 on Roblox
50+ Free Roblox Gift Card Codes