Are you getting a Fall Guys Error Code: 200_1040?
Here’s the second part of the error message, “Session expired, please restart your game”.
To fix it, you can either try logging out and logging in to Epic Games or verifying Fall Guys’ game files.
You can also try flushing your DNS and restarting your PC.
But before that, you need to check if Fall Guys is down on DownDetector.
Fall Guys recently made the game free to play, so you might experience connectivity issues because there are too many players.
If so, you need to wait until the servers are less crowded before you try playing the game.
Here are 3 methods to fix “Error Code: 200_1040”:
- Method 1: Log out of Epic Games and log in
- Method 2: Verify Fall Guys’ game files
- Method 3: Flush your DNS
- Method 4: Wait it out
Method 1: Log out of Epic Games and log in
- Open the Epic Games launcher.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Click on “Sign out”.
- Log back into your Epic Games account.
Method 2: Verify Fall Guys’ game files
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on “Library”.
- Search for “Fall Guys”.
- Click on the three dots.
- Click on “Verify”.
Method 3: Flush your DNS
- Search for “cmd” using Windows search.
- Enter ipconfig/flushdns > ipconfig/registerdns > ipconfig/release.
- Enter ipconfig/renew > netsh winsock reset.
- Restart your computer.
Method 4: Wait it out
Fall Guys recently made the game free to play.
As a result, there is a surge of players trying out the game.
When there are too many players, the Fall Guys servers will be overloaded.
This causes connectivity issues like the “Session expired” or “200_1040” error.
Due to the overwhelming number of players, you may not be able to connect to the game even if your internet connection is fine.
Your best bet is to wait for a few hours and try launching the game again.