Explore the massive open world of the Paldea region.
You can catch, train, and battle Pokemon in the region which has lakes, peaks, towns, and cities.
Tera Shards allow you to change a Pokemon’s Tera Type.
Discover the world freely and cross land, water, and air by riding a legendary Pokeman called Koraidon in Scarlet and Miraidon in Violet.
You can choose between 3 starter Pokemons including Sprigatito, Fuecoco, or Quaxly.
Challenge Gyms in various locations and reach Champion Rank.
Defeat Titan Pokemon that contain rare ingredients on the Path of Legends.
Use the new Auto-Battle feature to battle Team Star to get to their boss.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to find or get Tera Shards in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet and their locations.
How to get Tera Shards in Scarlet and Violet
To get Tera Shards in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you need to defeat 3 to 6-star Tera Raids or get them from NPCs.
You can also get them by winning the Ace Academy Tournament after you’ve completed the game and rematched 8 gym leaders.
Defeat 3 to 6-star Tera Raids
- 5-star Tera Raids are available after you’ve completed the game (the credits will roll).
- 6-star Tera Raids are available after you’ve rematched all 8 gyms and won the Ace Academy Tournament.
- The type of Tera Shard that you’ll obtain is the same as the Pokemon’s Tera Type in the raid.
Get Tera Shards from NPCs
- 50 Dragon Tera Shards: Reach a Close Bond with Hassel.
- 50 Rock Tera Shards: Reach a Close Bond with Ms. Tyme.
- 50 Normal Tera Shards: Talk to the Chef in Treasure Eatery.
Win the Ace Academy Tournament
- Complete the game (the credits will roll) and rematch 8 gym leaders.
- Join the Ace Academy Tournament, win it, and you’ll have a chance of getting Tera Shards.
How to Change a Pokemon’s Tera Type in Scarlet and Violet
How to Change Your Rotom Phone Case in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet