Are you getting a Status Goldflake error when you try launching MW2 or Warzone?
Modern Warfare 2 features a brand-new play space and sandbox mode for the evolution of Battle Royale.
Players can also expect free content post-launch with new maps, modes, seasonal events, and community celebrations.
Team up with Task Force 141 in a globe-trotting single-player campaign or play multiplayer combat with new locales.
In addition, there is an evolved cooperative game mode featuring tactical co-op gameplay across multiple missions.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the status Goldflake error in MW2 (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone) in Xbox, PS4, PS5, and PC.
How to Fix Goldflake Error in MW2
To fix the Goldflake error in MW2, you need to update your console and game.
You can also try to clear the game data, persistent storage, or alternate MAC address.
- Method 1: Update your console and game – Settings > System > Updates > Update. My games & apps > Games > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 > Manage game and add-ons > Update > Update all.
- Method 2: Clear persistent storage – Settings > Device & connections > Blu-ray > Persistent storage > Clear persistent storage.
- Method 3: Clear alternate MAC address – Settings > General > Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear > Restart.
- Method 4: Uninstall and reinstall MW2 – Settings > System > Updates > Update. My games & apps > Games > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 > Uninstall > Reinstall.
- Method 5: Purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscription (source: multiple Reddit users claimed this works).
- Method 1: Connect to a VPN using a free VPN like Proton VPN.
- Method 2: For Battle.net – change your region by clicking on the globe icon and try launching MW2 again.
- Method 3: For Battle.net – navigate to MW2, click on the settings icon, select “Scan and Repair”, and try launching MW2 again.
- PS4’s settings menu > Network > Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select Wi-Fi or LAN, depending on your connection type.
- IP address setting: Custom.
- DHCP Host Name: Do Not Specify.
- DNS settings: Manual.
- Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124.
- Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199.
Tip: If the above DNS doesn’t work, try setting 188.8.131.52 as your Primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 as your Secondary DNS.
Update #1: As of 19 September 2023, Call of Duty: MW2 servers are down and Infinity Ward is working on a fix.
If the game is down via Down Detector, you need to wait until Infinity Ward fixes the server issue on their end (this can take a few hours).
The current MW2 version is unstable as many players experienced crashes and errors while playing ground war and invasion.