Are you getting an error code 262 when you try to launch a game or experience on Roblox?
Roblox is an online platform that allows users to create, share, and play games created by other users.
It features a vast array of user-generated games across different genres.
Players can also customize their avatars and participate in virtual worlds.
In some cases, you might encounter an error while launching a game like “Error Code 262”.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Roblox error code 262 if you can’t join a game or an experience.
What is Roblox error code 262?
Roblox error code 262 indicates that there’s a network connectivity issue between your device and the Roblox servers.
Specifically, there’s a disruption in the data transmission, causing the connection between your game session and the Roblox servers to be lost.
This can happen because the Roblox servers are down or you have an outdated version of Roblox.
If the Roblox servers are down, you need to wait for a few hours before launching an experience.
How to fix Roblox Error Code 262
To fix Roblox error code 262, you can try clearing Roblox’s cache files on Chrome and the “%localappdata%” folder.
You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox or installing Roblox from the Microsoft Store.
Fix 1: Clear Roblox’s cache files
- Open Chrome > three dots > Settings > Privacy and security > Cookies and other site data > See all site data and permissions > Search for “Roblox” > Click on the trash icon > Clear.
- Search for “%localappdata%” using Windows Search > Open the “Temp” folder > Delete the “Roblox” folder.
- Right-click the Roblox Player > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator > Apply.
Fix 2: Uninstall and reinstall Roblox
- Search for “Control Panel” using Windows Search and open it.
- Select “Uninstall a program”.
- Right-click “Roblox” and select “Uninstall”.
- Log in to Roblox and launch any game to reinstall Roblox.
Fix 3: Download Roblox from the Microsoft Store
- Search for “Control panel” using Windows Search and open it.
- Programs > Uninstall a program > Right-click Roblox.
- Select “Uninstall” to uninstall Roblox.
- Open the Microsoft Store app and search for “Roblox”.
- Select “Roblox” followed by “Get”.
- Launch the Microsoft Store version of Roblox and try playing a game.