Are you having a very high ping in Overwatch 2?
If so, you might experience lag spikes in the game.
Overwatch 2 was released on October 4, 2022.
Since its release, the game has had multiple known issues.
Some of the known issues are server disconnection, cosmetics, items, currency not showing up, and others.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is your ping so high in Overwatch 2 and how to fix it.
Why is my ping so high in Overwatch 2?
Your ping is so high in Overwatch 2 because you’re connected to a region that’s far away from your location.
In addition, if you’re connected to Wi-Fi instead of Ethernet, you’ll have a higher ping.
Lastly, it also can happen if the Overwatch 2 servers are down.
If you’re living in Singapore, you should connect to the “Asia” region.
On the other hand, if you’re living in the US, you should connect to the “Americas” region.
This will ensure that you have the highest ping in-game.
Many players are complaining about the high ping in the Blizzard forums.
“Hello. In the last match, everyone was getting a huge ping spike, some above 320ms with disconnections during the game”.
“I’m having the same issue, and it’s not only on Quick Play. It happens to all game modes, including Practice Range”.
How to fix high ping in Overwatch 2
To fix high ping in Overwatch 2, you need to select to a region that’s close to your location.
If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, you need to use Ethernet instead.
For example, if you’re living in the US, you should connect to the “Americas” region.
If changing your region fails, it means that the servers are down and you need to wait for them to be back up.
Overwatch 2’s last server outage lasted for about 3 hours.
Fix 1: Change your region
- Open the Battle.net desktop app.
- Select “Overwatch 2”.
- Click on the globe icon.
- Select a region that’s close to your location (e.g. select “Asia” if you’re living in Asia).
- Launch Overwatch 2.
Fix 2: Use Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi
- Get an Ethernet cable (if you don’t have an Ethernet cable, you need to buy one).
- Connect the Ethernet cable to your PC and to the socket on your wall.
Fix 3: Wait for the servers to be back up
- Check if Overwatch 2 is down on DownDetector or Twitter.
- If there’s a huge spike, it means that the servers are down (and you’ll experience a high ping).
- If the servers are down, you need to wait for a few hours for them to be back up.
- The last outage lasted for approximately 3 hours.