Instagram highlights are old stories that you can showcase on your profile.
A story will be visible before 24 hours, but a highlight will be visible forever.
If you have a public account, anyone will be able to view your highlights.
However, you won’t be able to know who viewed your highlights after 24 hours.
In some cases, some of your highlights might fail to load or are missing from your profile.
In this guide, you’ll learn why your Instagram highlights are not loading, not showing, disappearing, or missing.
Why did my Instagram highlights disappear?
Your Instagram highlights disappeared because of a bug/glitch on the Instagram app.
It can also happen because of an incorrect date and time.
There are multiple variations of the bug/glitch.
Firstly, half of your highlights might be missing or disappeared.
Secondly, your highlights might not load.
Lastly, your highlights might be a photo with music.
To check if people are facing the same issue, search for “Instagram highlights” on Twitter.
After you’ve searched for the term, check if anyone is facing issues related to it.
How to fix Instagram highlights not loading
To fix Instagram highlights not loading, you can try viewing your highlights on a browser and go back to the app.
You can also try enabling “Save story to archive” or downloading an older version of Instagram.
Other troubleshooting methods include updating the app, logging out and logging in, setting your date and time to automatic, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
If all else fails, you need to wait for 24 hours or more for the issue to be fixed (if it’s a server-side issue).
Fix 1: View your highlights on a browser and go back to the app
- Force exit the Instagram app.
- On a PC, go to https://www.instagram.com/.
- Log in to your account and visit your profile.
- View your Instagram highlights.
- Reopen the Instagram app.
Fix 2: Enable “Save story to archive”
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap on the menu icon and seleting “Settings”.
- Select “Privacy” followed by “Story”.
- Enable “Save story to archive”.
Fix 3: Download an older version of Instagram (Android)
- Delete the Instagram app from your Android device.
- Go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android.
- Select “Older versions”.
- Install an older version of Instagram (APK).
- Open Instagram and the issue will be fixed!
Note: This method only works for Android devices.
Fix 4: Important troubleshooting methods
- Set your date and time to automatic: For iOS devices, open Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically.
- Log out and log in: Open the Instagram app > Profile > Menu > Settings > Log out > Log back in.
- Update the app: Open the App Store or Google Play Store, search for “Instagram”, and select “Update”.
- Uninstall and reinstall: Tap and hold the Instagram app, delete it, and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Wait it out: If Instagram is down, you need to wait for 24 hours or more for the server-side issue(s) to be fixed.