SiteGround is one of the most popular website hosting services on the internet.
It allows you to host your website at competitive rates.
It offers both shared hosting and cloud hosting and it’s suitable for personal and business websites.
SiteGround comes with a CMS (content management system) like WordPress (.org).
WordPress is used by over 40% of all websites on the internet, so it’s a highly recommended CMS.
Just so that you know that this article is reliable and credible—I’m the founder of this website that’s also hosted on SiteGround.
If you’re looking to host your website on SiteGround, you might be wondering if it’s free.
In this guide, you’ll learn if SiteGround is free, whether it offers a free trial, and how to get hosting.
- Is SiteGround Free?
- Does SiteGround have a free trial?
- How do I get free hosting on SiteGround?
- How to get hosting on SiteGround
Is SiteGround Free?
No, SiteGround is not free and you need to pay to host your website.
The cheapest plan is the StartUp plan, which costs $19.99 USD per month.
However, SiteGround typically has discounted rates for different seasons.
If you’re looking for a discount, you can click on this link to get up to 80% off SiteGround hosting.
Does SiteGround have a free trial?
SiteGround does not have a free trial.
However, it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you’re dissatisfied with the service, you can request a refund within 30 days.
To do so, you need to contact SiteGround by logging in > Question Mark > View Help Center > Contact Us.
How do I get free hosting on SiteGround?
To get free hosting on SiteGround, you need to choose a plan.
You can choose from StartUp, GrowBig, or GoGeek.
After you’ve chosen a plan, choose a domain name, pay, and set up your website.
If you’re dissatisfied with the service, you can request a refund within 30 days by contacting SiteGround.
How to get hosting on SiteGround
To get hosting on SiteGround, you need to choose a plan, choose a domain name, and install WordPress.
There are two types of hosting—Shared Hosting (recommended for new users) and Cloud Hosting.
1. Choose a plan
- Go to SiteGround and choose a plan.
- Click here to save up to 80% on SiteGround hosting.
- Choose between these shared hosting—StartUp, GrowBig (recommended), or GoGeek.
2. Choose a domain name
- Choose a domain name (.com is highly recommended).
- Other extensions like .org, .net, or .io, are fine too, but they are not the most common.
- If you’re creating a portfolio website, you can use your full name as your domain name.
- Review the order and pay using a debit/credit card.
3. Install WordPress
- Select Set Up Website > Start New Website > WordPress
- Choose if you want to add extra services.
- Select “Finish” and wait for WordPress to install on SiteGround.
- Go to the SiteGround dashboard > Websites > WordPress admin (or go to yoursite.com/wp-admin) to start editing your site.
Tip: If you need help with the installation process, you can contact SiteGround’s 24/7 support for help.