Is Messenger not responding when you try to use the app?
Messenger is an app where you can start voice calls, group video calls, and text messaging.
You can communicate with your Instagram followers on Messenger and search for them by their usernames or names.
Change your privacy settings to determine who can message you or where your messages are sent to.
There is a wide range of emojis that you can use to customize your reactions.
Choose from several chat themes like “Tie-Dye” or “Love” to personalize the app.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the Facebook Messenger isn’t responding error on Android (Xiaomi or Samsung) or iPhone.
Why is Facebook Messenger not responding?
Facebook Messenger is not responding because of a bug/glitch.
Otherwise, the server is down and you need to wait for it to be back up.
In most cases, the latest Messenger update caused the bug/glitch to happen.
Some updates introduce bugs or glitches to the app.
They will be fixed in a follow-up update—which can take several days to be released.
How to fix Messenger isn’t responding
To fix Messenger isn’t responding, you can try to download an older version of Messenger.
You can also try using Messenger on your desktop or updating the app when a follow-up update is released.
The latest update of Messenger might contain bugs/glitches.
You can download an older version of Messenger from a third-party website like Uptodown to temporarily fix errors.
Fix 1: Download an older version of Messenger
- Uninstall the Messenger app.
- Go to https://facebook-messenger.en.uptodown.com/android/versions.
- Select an older version of Messenger.
- Select “Download”.
- Open the Messenger APK.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
Fix 2: Use Messenger on your desktop
If you’re unable to use the Messenger app because you’re constantly getting the “Messenger isn’t responding” error, you can use it on your desktop instead.
Here are 3 ways to use Messenger on your desktop:
- Messenger Desktop: Download and use Messenger on your desktop (https://www.messenger.com/desktop).
- Messenger website: Go to https://www.messenger.com/, log in to your Facebook account, and start using Messenger.
- Facebook website: Go to https://www.facebook.com/, log in to your Facebook account, and select the Messenger icon.
Fix 3: Update Messenger when a follow-up update is released
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for “Messenger”.
- Select “Update” (if there’s an update available).
If there isn’t an update available, you need to wait until it’s released—this can take several days.
An update with “Fixes for crashes within messaging experiences” includes bug fixes and improvements.