My AI is a new feature on Snapchat that is similar to ChatGPT.
It’s a chatbot that can answer questions, make suggestions, come up with ideas, and more.
Initially, the feature was only available to Snapchat Plus subscribers, but it was recently made free for everyone.
The chatbot is available in your chats—simply swipe right from the Camera screen to see it.
However, not everyone can see My AI in their chats—the purple-skinned and blue-haired Bitmoji.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix My AI not showing, missing, or not working on Snapchat.
Why is My AI not showing on Snapchat
My AI is not showing on Snapchat because the feature is not rolled out to you yet.
According to Team Snapchat, My AI and the new My AI features are rolling out slowly.
Hence, the chatbot is not available to everyone yet—even if you’re a Snapchat Plus subscriber.
That said, you don’t have to subscribe to Snapchat Plus to have access to it as it’s available for all users.
The move was made a couple of months after My AI was launched on the app.
The bot can be customized by changing its name and its look with a custom Bitmoji avatar.
If you can’t see My AI in your chats, you need to wait until it’s rolled out to you—this can take a few weeks or months.
How to fix My AI not showing on Snapchat
To fix My AI not showing on Snapchat, you need to update the app on the App Store or Google Play Store.
You can also try to add it as a friend by navigating to the “Say hi to My AI!” Snapchat episode, tapping on “View”, and tapping on “Add Friend”.
If My AI is still not showing, it means that the feature is not rolled out to you yet.
According to Team Snapchat, the feature is rolling out slowly and it can take a few weeks or months to get access to it.
Method 1: Update Snapchat
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for “Snapchat”.
- Tap on the “Update” button to update the app to the latest version.
- Open Snapchat, swipe right from the Camera screen, and tap on “My AI” to chat with it.
Method 2: Add My AI as a friend
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store and update Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat and swipe right from the Camera screen.
- Select the search icon and search for “My AI”.
- Tap on the “Say hi to My AI!” episode and tap on “View”.
- Tap on the “Add Friend” button to add My AI as a friend.
- Go back to your chats and chat with My AI.
Method 3: Wait for My AI to roll out to you
- According to Snapchat, My AI is slowly being rolled out to everyone.
- If you don’t have the feature, it means that it has not been rolled out to you yet.
- You need to wait for a few weeks or months to get access to My AI.