To fix Persona 5 Royal not launching, crashing, or freezing, you can try to update your graphics card, run the game as an administrator, or allow it in your antivirus.
You can also try to disable overlays/conflicting programs, repair/verify the game files, or update Windows.
Get ready for the award-winning RPG experience in Persona 5 Royal with downloadable content.
The protagonist is forced to transfer to a high school in Tokyo and has a strange dream.
He needs to save others from desires by wearing the mask of a Phantom Thief.
In the game, you can discover Tokyo, unlock Personas, customize your Thieves Den, experience multiple endings, and more.
You can become the ultimate thief and discover new powers and fight for justice.
There are over 40 items of previously released downloadable content and you can choose between Japanese or English voiceovers.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Persona 5 Royal not launching, crashing, freezing, or having a white/black screen.
- Fix 1: Update your graphics card
- Fix 2: Run Persona 5 Royal as an administrator
- Fix 3: Allow Persona 5 Royal in your antivirus
- Fix 4: Disable overlays/conflicting programs
- Fix 5: Repair/verify the game files
- Fix 6: Update Windows to the latest version
Fix 1: Update your graphics card
- For Nvidia: Visit https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/ > Download Now > open the app > sign up or log in > Drivers > Download.
- For AMD: Visit https://www.amd.com/en/support > Download > open the app > follow the on-screen instructions to update your graphics card.
Fix 2: Run Persona 5 Royal as an administrator
- Navigate to the Persona 5 Royal application.
- Right-click Persona 5 Royal > Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator > Enable > OK > Launch the game.
Fix 3: Allow Persona 5 Royal in your antivirus
- Open the Windows settings > Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage ransomware protection > Allow an app through Controlled folder access > Add an allowed app > Browse all apps > select Persona 5 Royal app > Open.
- Open the Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall > Change settings > Allow another app… > Browse… > select Persona 5 Royal app > Add.
- Turn off Real-time protection: Open the Windows settings > Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings > Real-time protection > Off.
Fix 4: Disable overlays/conflicting programs
- Unplug the Logitech or Thrustmaster racing wheel.
- End the task for Razer Synapse or MSI Dragon Center.
- Close all of your tabs to free up RAM and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Repair/verify the game files
- Navigate to your Steam library.
- Right-click Persona 5 Royal > Properties > Local Files.
- Click on “Verify integrity of game files”.
- Launch Persona 5 Royal.
Fix 6: Update Windows to the latest version
- Search for “Check for updates” using Windows Search.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Launch Persona 5 Royal.