Counter-Strike 2 is an upgrade to the renowned Counter-Strike series.
It’s brings the technological advancements in the series, powered by the Source 2 engine.
These improvements include realistic rendering, advanced networking, and enhanced Workshop tools.
There are new elements like CS Ratings, updated maps, dynamic smoke grenades, and more.
In addition, all items from CS:GO will carry over into Counter-Strike 2, ensuring a smooth transition.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to download or play CSGO after CS2’s release/update on Steam.
- How to Play CS:GO After CS2’s Release
- Can you still play matchmaking or competitive in CSGO?
- Can you play bot games, workshop maps, or community servers in CSGO?
How to Play CS:GO After CS2’s Release
To play CS:GO after CS2’s release, you need to opt in to the CS:GO beta participation.
After you’ve opted in, wait for the game to update and play it.
- Open Steam and go to your library.
- Right-click “Counter-Strike 2” and select “Properties”.
- Select “Betas” and click on the “Beta Participation” dropdown box.
- Select “csgo_demo_viewer – 18.104.22.168”.
- Wait for the game to update and play it.
Note #1: The CS:GO beta participation only allows you to view the old CS:GO user interface.
Can you still play matchmaking or competitive in CSGO?
You cannot play any game modes including competitive, wingman, casual, deathmatch, war games, or danger zone.
Can you play bot games, workshop maps, or community servers in CSGO?
You still can play bot games, workshop maps, and community servers (if you have their IP address).