Explore the massive open world of the Paldea region.
You can catch, train, and battle Pokemon in the region which has lakes, peaks, towns, and cities.
After a Pokemon reaches a certain level or gets traded, it will evolve.
Discover the world freely and cross land, water, and air by riding a legendary Pokeman called Koraidon in Scarlet and Miraidon in Violet.
You can choose between 3 starter Pokemons including Sprigatito, Fuecoco, or Quaxly.
Challenge Gyms in various locations and reach Champion Rank.
Defeat Titan Pokemon that contain rare ingredients on the Path of Legends.
Use the new Auto-Battle feature to battle Team Star to get to their boss.
In this guide, you’ll learn why is your Pokemon not evolving in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet and how to fix it.
- Why is my Pokemon not evolving in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?
- How to fix Pokemon not evolving in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Why is my Pokemon not evolving in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?
Your Pokemon is not evolving in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet because you’re using the auto-battle mode.
Pokemon will not evolve from auto battles, so you have to stop using the feature.
Some Pokemon have complex evolution processes, so you need to know them to level it up.
Here’s why your Pokemon is not evolving:
- Pokemon will not evolve or learn moves from auto-battles.
- Typically, you need to level up a Pokemon to a certain level before it evolves.
- Some Pokemon will evolve only if you trade them.
- Some Pokemon will evolve only with a specific item (e.g. Fire Stone, Malicious Armor).
- Some Pokemon will evolve only if you walk a certain distance (e.g. 1,000 steps).
- Some Pokemon will evolve only after if it learns a specific move (e.g. Dunsparce needs to learn Hyper Drill to evolve).
In Scarlet and Violet, not all Pokemon can evolve simply by leveling them up.
For example, evolving a Bisharp requires it to have a Leader’s Crest equipped and defeat 3 other Bisharps that have Leader’s Crest equipped.
Some Pokemon can only level up if you trade it and if it equips a specific item.
For example, Scyther will only evolve if it has a Metal Coat equipped while you trade it with someone else.
How to fix Pokemon not evolving in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
To fix Pokemon not evolving in Scarlet and Violet, you need to stop using the auto-battle feature.
Instead of using the auto-battle feature, you need to battle manually.
Here are the main points:
- Stop using the auto-battle feature and battle your Pokemon manually.
- Some Pokemon have complex evolution processes, so you need to research/look up on how to evolve them.
The auto-battle feature, although useful, does not evolve your Pokemon.
It’s not known whether it’s an intended feature or a bug—but for now, you’re better off manually battling your Pokemon.