Are you getting a “There’s a problem with your game’s setup” error in FIFA 23?
Here’s the second part of the error message, “Please reinstall your game”.
The error message happens when you try to launch the game on Origin, EA, or Steam.
In this guide, you’ll learn why you’re getting the “There’s a problem with your game’s setup. Please reinstall your game” error in FIFA 23 and how to fix it.
- Why is there a problem with FIFA 23’s setup?
- How to fix “There’s a problem with your game’s setup” in FIFA 23
Why is there a problem with FIFA 23’s setup?
There is a problem with FIFA 23’s setup because the game files are corrupted.
Otherwise, there is a bug/glitch in the game that EA needs to fix.
If that’s the case, the error is not caused on your end but on EAs.
Many users are complaining about it on forums and social media.
“Help me, it says that there is a problem with my game’s setup. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it 3 times, I even changed my Windows twice. I have nothing on my computer, I can get past the anti-cheat but I still encounter this error, please help”.
“It’s been 3 days and I tried every step and it still didn’t work. I haven’t seen any solution from EA yet”.
How to fix “There’s a problem with your game’s setup” in FIFA 23
To fix “There’s a problem with your game’s setup” in FIFA 23, you can try running Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator or repairing/verifying the game files.
You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling FIFA 23 or EA AntiCheat.
Here are 4 methods to fix the error:
- Run Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator.
- Repair/verify the game files (For Origin > Library > right-click FIFA 23 > Repair/For Steam > Library > Right-click FIFA 23 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files).
- Uninstall and reinstall FIFA 23 (if you’re using the EA app to install FIFA 23, uninstall it and reinstall it using the Origin app instead).
- Uninstall EA AntiCheat (from your game files) > launch Origin/EA/Steam as an administrator > launch FIFA 23 > AntiCheat will be automatically reinstalled.
To run Origin/EA/Steam as admin on Windows 11, right-click Origin/EA/Steam > Run as administrator.
For Windows 10, right-click Origin/EA/Steam > More > Run as administrator.
If all else fails, you need to wait until the EA team fixes the bug.
This can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
If all else fails, you can contact EA support here: https://help.ea.com/en/fifa/fifa-23/.
Or send a direct message to EA Help here: https://twitter.com/EAHelp.
Best Defenders in FIFA 23 (CB, LB, RB, LWB, and RWB)
How to Fix “EA AntiCheat has detected an unacceptable configuration” in FIFA 23