The Roblox FPS Unlocker is a free, open-source software tool for Microsoft Windows.
The tool enables users to increase the frame rate for Roblox above its default limit of 60 FPS.
This program can be customized to set an FPS limit of the user’s preference or have no limit at all.
This can help players maximize their gaming experience on monitors with a refresh rate of 60 Hz or higher.
However, some users are experiencing problems with the tool like the loading issues or error messages.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Roblox FPS Unlocker not working, not loading, can’t download, or having error messages in the console.
- Why is Roblox FPS Unlocker not working?
- How to fix Roblox FPS Unlocker not working
- Why can’t I download Roblox FPS Unlocker?
Why is Roblox FPS Unlocker not working?
The Roblox FPS Unlocker is not working because its outdated and not compatible with the latest version of Roblox.
This issue happened after the Byfron update, which was designed to address issues related to cheating and hacking in the game.
If you’ve installed and used an external program or application for Roblox, you may encounter issues with loading.
The developer of the Roblox FPS Unlocker needs to update the software to make it compatible with the latest version of Roblox.
How to fix Roblox FPS Unlocker not working
To fix Roblox FPS Unlocker not working, you need to download the latest version of Roblox FPS Unlocker.
Alternatively, you can try uninstalling Roblox and installing it from the Microsoft Store instead of installing it from the Roblox website.
You can also try running program as an administrator.
Fix 1: Download the latest version of Roblox FPS Unlocker
- Use Windows Search to look for “Windows Security”.
- Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings > Manage settings > Real-time protection > Off.
- Visit https://github.com/axstin/rbxfpsunlocker/releases and download the latest version of the program in .zip format.
- Extract or open “rbxfpsunlocker-x64.zip”.
- Before launching Roblox, run the “rbxfpsunlocker.exe” application.
After you’ve downloaded the Roblox FPS Unlocker, you can re-enable real-time protection from Windows Security.
Fix 2: Uninstall Roblox and install it from the Microsoft Store
- Using Windows Search, search for “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Uninstall a program”.
- Right-click “Roblox” and click on “Uninstall”.
- Open the Microsoft Store app and install Roblox.
Fix 3: Run Roblox FPS Unlocker as an administrator
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL, select “Task Manager” and end all tasks related to Roblox.
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to the location where you installed Roblox FPS Unlocker.
- Open the installation folder of the program, right-click “rbsfpsunlocker.exe”, and select “Properties”.
- Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator > Enable > OK > Apply.
- Launch Roblox FPS Unlocker before you launch Roblox.
Why can’t I download Roblox FPS Unlocker?
You can’t download the Roblox FPS Unlocker because the Microsoft Defender Antivirus detects it as a threat.
The antivirus will prevent you from downloading certain exploits, hacks, or scripts.
To prevent this from happening, you need to disable “Real-time protection” from Windows Security.
To do so, search for “Virus and threat protection” using Windows Search > Virus and threat protection settings > Manage settings > Turn “Real-time protection” off > download Roblox FPS Unlocker.