Are you getting a “Something went wrong” in Valorant Premier?
The error message happens when you’re trying to verify your phone number in Valorant.
Valorant Premier allows you to build a team and compete in pre-scheduled matches.
You can create a team of 5 friends or create one and battle against teams of a similar skill level.
Your team will play across a season comprising weekly tournaments and matches.
Each season lasts for a few weeks and if your team does well, it can qualify for the end-of-season tournament.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Something went wrong” in Valorant Premier Phone Verification.
- Why can’t I verify my phone number in Valorant Premier?
- How to fix “Something went wrong” in Valorant Premier Phone Verification
Why can’t I verify my phone number in Valorant Premier?
You can’t verify your phone number in Valorant Premier because you’ve already linked it to another Riot account.
For example, if you have another Riot account and you use it to play League of Legends, you might have linked your phone number to it.
As a result, you cannot link the same phone number to your existing Riot account that you use to play Valorant.
To bypass this, you can either use another phone number to link to Valorant or follow the steps below.
How to fix “Something went wrong” in Valorant Premier Phone Verification
To fix “Something went wrong” in Valorant Premier Phone Verification, you need to unlink your phone number from your other Riot account before linking it to Valorant.
To do so, you need to contact Riot Player Support or open League of Legends and unlink your phone number from the client.
After you’ve unlinked your phone number, you can link it in Valorant.
Step 1: Log out of Valorant and close it
- On Valorant, click on the gear icon.
- Select “Exit to desktop”.
- Select “Sign out and exit”.
Step 2: Unlink your existing phone number from Riot
Method 1: Unlink your phone number using Riot Support
- Go to https://support-leagueoflegends.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Log in to your Riot account.
- Select “Account Management, Data Requests, or Deletion” OR talk to the Riot Player Support chatbot.
- Fill up the subject, description, inquiry, and login name.
- Submit the form and wait for Riot to reply.
Method 2: Unlink your phone number from the LoL client
- Open the Riot Client and log in to your account.
- Select “League of Legends” followed by “Play”.
- Click on the Settings icon and click on “Delete Number”.
- Enter the code that’s sent to your phone and select “Send”.
Step 3: Link your phone number to Valorant
- Launch Valorant and increase your in-game resolution.
- Select “Premier Open Beta” and select “Verify”.
- Enter your country code, phone number, and select “Confirm”.
- Enter the code that’s sent to your phone and select “Confirm”.
- You’ve successfully verified your phone number in Valorant!