Is Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered crashing on PC?
This usually happens when you launch Spider-Man Remastered on compatibility mode.
It can also happen if your operating system is older than Windows 10.
This is because the game requires Windows 10 version 1909 (Build 18363) or newer to work.
Windows 10 and above is needed to support the DirectX agility SDK.
That said, some users are getting an error message even though they have a newer Windows version like Windows 11.
To fix Spider-Man Remastered crashing, you can either disable compatibility mode for Steam, update Windows, or update your graphics card.
- Method 1: Disable compatibility mode for Steam
- Method 2: Update Windows
- Method 3: Update your graphics card
- Method 4: Contact Insomniac support
Method 1: Disable compatibility mode for Steam
- Go to the Steam application.
- Right-click Steam.
- Click on “Show more options”.
- Click on “Properties”.
- Select “Compatibility”.
- Turn off “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- Click on “Apply”.
If you can’t find the Steam application, search for “Steam” using Windows search.
After you’ve found it, select “Open file location” to navigate to it.
This is an official fix from Nixxes, the developer for Spider-Man Remastered.
Method 2: Update Windows
- Using Windows search, search for “Windows update settings” on your PC.
- Go to “Windows update settings”.
- Click on “Check for updates”.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
If your operating system is older than Windows 10, you need to update it.
This is because Spider-Man Remastered does not support operating systems older than Windows 10.
Method 3: Update your graphics card
- If you’re using an Nvidia graphics card, download the GeForce experience app: https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/geforce/geforce-experience/download/.
- Log in or register for an Nvidia account (you can also use Facebook).
- Click on “Drivers” > “Check for updates”.
- Click on “Download” to update your graphics card.
Once the update is downloaded, try restarting Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered.
This time, the game shouldn’t crash and you’ll be able to play it because your graphics card is updated.
If you’re using an AMD graphics card, you can update it by downloading the app here: https://www.amd.com/en/support.
If you need more help, you can post your issue on the official Spider-Man Remastered forum on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1817070/discussions/.
Method 4: Contact Insomniac support
- Go to https://support.insomniac.games/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Enter your email address.
- Click on “Game support”.
- Click on “Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered”.
- Choose your platform.
- Enter the subject.
- Describe your issue.
- Submit the request.