The Steam Mobile App allows you to access the Steam platform on the go.
Users can purchase PC games, stay updated with the latest games, and secure their Steam accounts.
The app features two-factor authentication for enhanced security, like QR code sign-in.
It enables convenient management of game downloads, discussions, guides, and support.
Users can also confirm trades and sales, personalize their news feed, and more.
In this guide, you’ll learn why you’re getting “Error from ValidatePassword2” on the Steam iOS/Android app and how to fix it.
What is error from validate password 2 on Steam?
Error from validate password 2 on Steam means that there’s an issue with verifying your password.
This typically happens because you’ve recently changed your Steam password.
When you change your Steam password, it’ll affect Steam Guard and you can’t exit Family View.
The error message only happens on the Steam app on iOS or Android devices.
How to Fix Steam Error From Validate Password 2
To fix the error from validate password 2 error on Steam, you need to re-add your account to Steam Guard.
Alternatively, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the Steam app from your device.
Fix 1: Re-add account to Steam Guard
- Open the Steam app on your device.
- Tap on the Steam Guard icon on the bottom navigation bar.
- Select your account followed by “Add an account”.
- Log in to your Steam account and tap on “Move Authenticator”.
- Enter the code that is sent to your device and tap on “Verify code”.
- Write down the code and store it some place safe.
- Tap on “Done” and the issue will be fixed.
Fix 2: Uninstall and reinstall Steam
- Tap and hold the Steam app.
- Select “Remove app” to uninstall the app.
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for “Steam” and reinstall it.
- Open the Steam app and log in to your account.