Escape the hectic pace of life by returning to Palia, a free-to-play multiplayer cozy simulation game.
Begin in Kilima Village, where you’ll find a world to shape as your own.
While exploring this serene farm life, discover the mystery surrounding ancient humans.
Form relationships with the local Majiri, indulge in activities like fishing, hunting, and crafting.
With every update, Palia introduces fresh quests, stories, and experiences to enjoy.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “There was an error installing Palia” if the game cannot download on your PC.
How to Fix There Was an Error installing Palia
To fix there was an error installing Palia, you can try turning off your antivirus or whitelisting the game in your Firewall.
You can also try using a VPN or connecting to a mobile hotspot to install the game.
- Fix 1: Turn off real-time protection – Search for “Virus & threat protection” using Windows Search > Virus & threat protection settings > Manage settings > Real-time protection > Off.
- Fix 2: Turn off antivirus – Turn off Mcafee, Norton, AVG, AVAST, etc. before installing Palia.
- Fix 3: Whitelist Palia in Firewall – Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” using Windows Search > Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall > Change settings > Allow another app… > Allow Palia.
- Fix 4: Use a VPN – Download a free VPN like ProtonVPN > Open ProtonVPN > Log in or create an account > Connect to a free VPN (e.g. US) > try installing Palia again.
- Fix 5: Connect to a mobile hotspot – Instead of using Ethernet or Wi-Fi, connect your PC to your mobile hotspot before installing Palia.
If all else fails, you need to contact Palia support for help.
To do so, go to https://support.palia.com/hc/en-us and select “Submit a request”.