Are you getting the “You’ve made too many phone verification requests” error on ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a language model developed by OpenAI that can respond to a lot of questions and topics.
As a language model, it can process large amounts of text and generate human-like responses based on that input.
It uses a deep learning algorithm to analyze and understand the context of the input it receives, allowing it to provide accurate and informative responses.
ChatGPT has been trained on a massive dataset, which has allowed it to develop linguistic proficiency and knowledge across many domains.
It’s designed to be an accessible and user-friendly tool for anyone looking for information or help on various topics.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “You’ve made too many phone verification requests” on ChatGPT or OpenAI.
- What does “You’ve made too many phone verification requests” mean on OpenAI?
- How to fix “You’ve made too many phone verification requests” on ChatGPT
What does “You’ve made too many phone verification requests” mean on OpenAI?
You’ve made too many phone verification requests on OpenAI means that you’ve exceeded the limit for the number of phone verification attempts.
The error message will appear wh you try to verify the same phone number repeatedly in a short amount of time.
OpenAI requires you to verify your phone number to mitigate spam and abuse on the platform.
Hence, you need to follow the verification process and prevent making too many verification attempts.
According to OpenAI, you need to wait for a certain amount of time before you can verify your phone number again.
How to fix “You’ve made too many phone verification requests” on ChatGPT
To fix “You’ve made too many phone verification requests” on ChatGPT, you can try using another phone number or using a temporary phone number.
Otherwise, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours or contact OpenAI for assistance.
Fix 1: Use another phone number
- If you have a second phone number, you can use it to link to your ChatGPT account.
- You can also use a friend’s or family member’s phone number.
Fix 2: Use a temporary phone number
- You can get a temporary phone number from anonymsms.com (free), sms-activation-service.com (free), smsnator.online (free), receive-sms.cc (free), or temp-number.org (paid).
- Get a number from one of the sites above and try to send a code to it (keep trying different phone numbers until you find one that’s not used yet).
- Enter the code that’s sent to the temporary phone number to verify it.
Fix 3: Wait for 24 to 48 hours
- According to OpenAI, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours before attempting to verify your phone number again.
- The “You’ve made too many phone verification requests” error message is a temporary one and it’ll eventually be lifted.
Fix 4: Contact OpenAI support
- Go to https://help.openai.com/.
- Click on the chat bubble on the bottom right.
- Messages > Send us a message.
- Login or Sign up Issues > No.
- Enter your email address and write your message.
Here’s an example of a message, “Hi OpenAI team. When I link my phone number, it says that I’ve made too many phone verification requests. I need help to get a code”.
List of ChatGPT Available Countries
How to Fix “This phone number is already linked” on ChatGPT